Axl Rose With AC/DC

Timmsie95

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually impressed with Axl singing with AC/DC. He did a pretty good job of sticking faithful to the song, but adding his own touch.

[youtube]ihwxVXSxgK8[/youtube]

I think it's time for AC/DC to call it quits, if you have to stoop to getting that douche bag. The party is over...Just my .02..

Personally, I think it's a bad move and if Brian, is unable to sing due to problems with hearing and stage volume they should have packed it in. Isn't Malcolm also unable to continue ?

Then again perhaps there were venues booked and money involved, so I can understand fulfilling those, but there must be better singers out there singing in a tribute band probably.

stratamania said:
...Then again perhaps there were venues booked and money involved, so I can understand fulfilling those...

I can't understand. They have been playing since the 70's, they made TONS of money. They can afford paying whatever they had to pay to not do these gigs. If they respected their legacy they would have stopped years ago, having this guy in the band is a bad move.

I won't even say how I feel about Axl in a public forum. He's the worse of the worse.

Malcom is a nursing facility for alzheimer's/dementia. Brian apparently got a scary report from a doctor, got canned, and later got a 2nd opinion that's not quite so alarming. I think he's right - Angus is looking to carry this thing a few more years and Steve Young, (Malcom's replacement) hasn't had the chance to collect on those millions yet. Even if the longtime members are set - remember - AC/DC has always been a family affair.  Give Steve a couple years of AC/DC under his belt and he's better prepared whenever Angus is ready to call it quits.

I'm not really a fan of  Axl either. Musically  (Shook me awwwllll night lowowowowowwoaaaang) or the way he treats others. He's just a bad Robert Plant impersonation, who's voice I don't care for either.

Count me in the camp of "Big AC/DC fan, time to call it quits".

swarfrat said:
I'm not really a fan of  Axl either. Musically  (Shook me awwwllll night lowowowowowwoaaaang) or the way he treats others. He's just a band Robert Plant impersonation, who's voice I don't care for either.

Count me in the camp of "Big AC/DC fan, time to call it quits".

Haha, I read that exactly how Axl would sing it...

Yeah i really think they should have just gotten a group membership in some closed community with full amenities and packed it in for good.

Call it quits.  Brian saved that band after Bon died.  Have some respect for Brian and Malcolm.

I'm not an Axl fan either, but he sounds nothing like Robert Plant, who actually is far more talented.

As for carrying on to fulfill a tour that would be one thing. But to keep going beyond that one does have to question that.

If I may make a brief detour here (feel free to ignore as it's nearly completely OT, though there is an AC/DC connection)...

Here's a little ditty by George Alexander of the late ’60s band Grapefruit, who were signed by the Beatles’ Apple Publishing, supposedly on the strength of this tune. They did have a hit or two in their brief career ("Dear Delilah" being their biggest) before fading away. At any rate, this one's called "Lullaby for a Lazy Day" and could well have been a Lennon ’66–67-era composition. It's definitely a great, hazy feeling psychedelic ballad that Axl Rose would have had absolutely no place on (that's the on topic part :laughing7:). Give it a listen if you like:

[youtube]GUDtgTjWhhQ[/youtube]

The AC/DC connection: George Alexander, real name Alexander Young, was Malcolm and Angus' big brother. Hooda thunkit! :glasses10:

Glimmer said:
If I may make a brief detour here (feel free to ignore as it's nearly completely OT, though there is an AC/DC connection)...

Here's a little ditty by George Alexander of the late ’60s band Grapefruit, who were signed by the Beatles’ Apple Publishing, supposedly on the strength of this tune.

The AC/DC connection: George Alexander, real name Alexander Young, was Malcolm and Angus' big brother. Hooda thunkit! :glasses10:

Malcolm & Angus have an older sister (she suggested Angus keep performing in school boy garb) and an older brother known as George Young, who was in The Easybeats with Harry Vanda & Stevie Wright. George & Harry became Australia's answer to Lennon/McCartney. Tied up with Alberts Publishing & founded a dynasty of rock/pop acts in Australia. Either producing or writing hits or both. Harry & George also, at one stage, did some of their own tunes under the moniker of Flash & The Pan.
The Easybeats dissolved in late 1960s, and maybe this Grapefruit was George's effort first out from that?  :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
I think it's time for AC/DC to call it quits, if you have to stoop to getting that douche bag. The party is over...Just my .02..

+1. Time to call it quits. There's rumour of 7000 tickets being refunded from a Belgium show & more to follow?

In this day & age, shows are covered by insurance. Brian would have been initially passed medically fit to do the shows and if he can't continue, as main vocalist/frontman, his availability would be an essential part of the show & insurable. Kinda like if Angus was to bust an arm and couldn't play, there'd be insurance to cover the loss of shows.

I simply don't know why AC/DC can't make the grand announcement, claim insurance & call it quits. I suspect it may have more to do with what Angus is dealing with in his insecurities than what his nephew may or may not get from gigging with band.

BTW Axl has a broken foot and is borrowing Dave Grohl's 'Throne' for the shows. That alone is a detractor to his performance.  :-\

..........Or maybe, just maybe, Angus thinks he can be successful with a new lead singer :dontknow: you know...the whole been there done that thing. Ya gotta know most of their ticket sales are based off of nostalgia. That's why their shows are a best of, greatest hits type thing.

They need to shorten their band name now, to just A  :laughing7:

As Angus is the only original member left in it.

Brian Johnson may be coming back. There's word that he's trying or special hearing aids that will allow him to perform again.

Timmsie95 said:
stratamania said:
Timmsie95 said:
Brian Johnson may be coming back. There's word that he's trying or special hearing aids that will allow him to perform again.

From where ?

I don't remember exactly, i saw it on the news

The news, not always reliable unfortunately. In any event I hope Brian, finds something to help whether he gets back with the band or not.

Back