3f9fe766.jpg

22a71085.jpg

That last shot looks like professional ad copy, but I don't know who for. Good shot, in any event.

Aw, man! Should've quit while you were ahead. That strap is a trainwreck. I mean, talk about pissing on a perfectly good pizza! Unclench a couple bucks and get something that doesn't belong in the "My Little Pony" collection.

Haha suggest or stfu! 

That strap was kick ass with my former SG-GT. But alas she is no more!

Here it is in burgundy leather to match the cab: 
http://www.amazon.com/Levys-Leathers-MSS2-4-BRG-Signature-Burgundy/dp/B000XPSLEY/ref=sr_1_18?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1333338442&sr=1-18

I just found my black leather strap lol. I remembered why I didn't use it. At the time I had two guitars - both with straplocks. The les Paul needed to be higher up than the strat if I had to quickly change mid song and the leather strap required two hands to adjust. I'll be able to use it again now that I sold the les Paul.  The Tele I'm building will have similar hardware to the strat, so It'll work. 

I like!  Thanks!

Bagman67 said:
Here it is in burgundy leather to match the cab: 
http://www.amazon.com/Levys-Leathers-MSS2-4-BRG-Signature-Burgundy/dp/B000XPSLEY/ref=sr_1_18?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1333338442&sr=1-18

...and here it is 15 bucks cheaper, or thereabouts:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XPSL8U/ref=s9_simh_gw_p267_d0_g267_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=18W8DXVX9J8PAE4SZRXH&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

fdesalvo said:
Haha suggest or stfu! 

I agree with Bagman - Levy makes some nice straps. For instance, what he showed or something like this...

DV016_Jpg_Large_360772_both_coiled.jpg

You can get them here for $60 (yeah, they don't give 'em away) but it's money well spent. They're very comfortable and you don't look stupid wearing one. The width distributes the weight better, so you can go all night without feeling like you're being punished for something you didn't do.

Bagman67 said:
This is the strap I got for my VIP.
FYI it's a PITA getting strap locks installed.  I'm sure they aren't going anywhere though.
I have it at it's longest length and I would prefer it to be slightly longer.

AutoBat said:
FYI it's a PITA getting strap locks installed.  I'm sure they aren't going anywhere though.

I've been using strap locks since such a thing existed, and I've never found a strap that they would install on without a fight. You always have to get out a utility knife with a fresh blade and some scrap wood to cut against to relieve the hole a bit.

Cagey said:
AutoBat said:

I've been using strap locks since such a thing existed, and I've never found a strap that they would install on without a fight. You always have to get out a utility knife with a fresh blade and some scrap wood to cut against to relieve the hole a bit.
Adam-Sandler-150x150.jpg

That information would have been helpful yesterday! (or a month or so ago :) )

AutoBat said:
That information would have been helpful yesterday! (or a month or so ago :) )

It's just one of those things I thought everybody knew. Seems self-evident. Part don't fit? Phbbt!

Gilligan-s-Island-Mr-and-Mrs-Howell-classic-television-revisited-3727148-496-372.jpg

A Howell is never wrong! Break off a piece and make it fit!

Back