fdesalvo

I just wanted to say I had a great experience ordering an Avatar cab yesterday.  Dave, the owner, took good care of me and I wanted to spread the word.  He said it would be built and shipped within 2 days!  Excellent customer service.

I ordered a Traditional Premier 212 in Burgundy Tolex/Wheat Grill to match my Stiletto head.  It'll be wired @ 8 Ohms with two of thier Hellatone 60s ( A V30 that's been "exercised" for 15 hours, smoothing out the spikey high end).  Will post pics as soon as it arrives.

:headbang:

I've heard nothing but great feedback about them.

I'm gassing for a completely Fender-ish 4x12 in Tweed with Oxblood grillcloth.

Lopo online had them too, but they just got bought out by Mojotone.

^^ Lopo made GREAT cabs, too.  Competitive pricing, as well.  I'd wager Mojo will jack up pricing about 25%!

fdesalvo said:
^^ Lopo made GREAT cabs, too.  Competitive pricing, as well.  I'd wager Mojo will jack up pricing about 25%!

I wouldn't be surprised, but Carvin is also a decent option now that they do tweed.

Man, I love Carvin gear - some of the electronics are a bit cheap, but they have some nice stuff overall.  Their Legacy cabs are a steal!

Mojo cabs have a great construction. They have built cabinets for many big names including Bogner. If I was in America it would be my first choice.

Good experiences with them as well.  I've only ordered bass cabs from him.  He doesn't do a hornless bass cab, and turning it all the way off has blown some, don't know how.  I tried ordering one without it, his solution was to simply disconnect it.

Yeah, I'm not sure who actually builds his cabs now.  They are a template shop for sure.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Good experiences with them as well.  I've only ordered bass cabs from him.  He doesn't do a hornless bass cab, and turning it all the way off has blown some, don't know how.  I tried ordering one without it, his solution was to simply disconnect it.

Avatar builds a lot of cabs for name brand companies like Orange, Suhr etc. If you open up a Shur cab, sometimes you can find an Avatar sticker in there. The Suhr logo adds a few $100s the price though.

I have owned a number of Avatar cabs as well as "name" cabs. I have never owned a "name" cab that an Avatar with the same speakers and design didn't equal or better.

In a nutshell, if you know what speakers and opened vs closed design you want, not sure spending more $$$ will get you any better than Avatar.

Doughboy said:
Avatar builds a lot of cabs for name brand companies like Orange, Suhr etc. If you open up a Shur cab, sometimes you can find an Avatar sticker in there. The Suhr logo adds a few $100s the price though.

I had no idea -  :headbang:

TBurst Std said:
I have owned a number of Avatar cabs as well as "name" cabs. I have never owned a "name" cab that an Avatar with the same speakers and design didn't equal or better.

In a nutshell, if you know what speakers and opened vs closed design you want, not sure spending more $$$ will get you any better than Avatar.

I should hopefully be playing mine by wednesday, so I couldn't be more excited.  Will post pics when I receive it!

fdesalvo said:
Doughboy said:

I had no idea -  :headbang:

Neither did I, but it makes sense. If you pony up for a bit of automation, you can make lotsa cabinets all day long for little more than the cost of power and material. Getting the labor out of things is where it's at. So, you use automation or cheap foreign labor if you wanna make money. Otherwise, you either can't be competitive or can't take the rubes for all they're worth.

a361efa8.jpg

Amazing quality and it arrived way faster than expected.  Matches my head almost perfectly.  :headbang:

Dude! that is gorgeous!! congrats!  :headbang:
what speakers in it? Let us know how she sounds with the Stiletto!
:eek:ccasion14:

Hey thanks!  She's got hellatone 60's - basically broken in Vintage 30's. Sounds amazing!!  Has a semi open back.  I'll get a shot of the deuce on it in a couple days.

I love Avatar's Hellatone series, I've used both the 60's and the 30's, I had the 30 in a 1x12 with an orange Tiny Terror head, it kicked major @$$!! I had two of the 60's in another Orange 2x12 that I ended up trading, it was an awesome cab, the 60's for sure sounded smoother and less harsh than other V30's I've used (haha, they're still my favorite speaker though) I definitely should've kept it! Anyway, congrats on the killer 2x12!

^haha I looooove it!  I heard mixing he H30/60 is heavenly.  I took a lil risk on this one and am glad I did!  Here are a couple more shots.

aaf8f86d.jpg

78291032.jpg

fe0d891d.jpg

Very nicely done. I especially like the inset side handles vs. the inconvenient and unwieldy top strap handle most smaller cabs use. Makes it a lot easier to deal with.

Back