Australia anyone?

Wana_make_a_guitar said:
About that skippy pie and those conservationists getting upset, they shouldn't, kangaroos are a huge pest here, you go shooting and you'll get 50, but they still show up everywhere.The name of that pie though is fairly...................ironic i guess :laughing7:

That was my thought as well.  Should have called it "Hoppy" just for accuracy. :toothy10:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CustomAx-Floyd-Rose-Licensed-Guitar-Tremolo-002-Black_W0QQitemZ140224920659QQihZ004QQcategoryZ41407QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Can i trust this?

NO! there are only a couple licenced floyds that have steal base plates, this is important not only for tone and sustain but because if the knife edge is too soft it will wear and never pivot freely causing poor tuning and alot of frustration. i had one on a heartfield that the screws to hold down the saddles pulled the threads out making intonation imposible to set. also avoid "floyd rose II" bridges. 

NonsenseTele said:
Skippy pie  :laughing7: :cool01:
I want it... :evil4: How is the taste of Kangaroo meat?

OK to clarify these comments I made earlier.

The pie shop that had the kangaroo meat pies or skippy pies as I called them, was a franchise chain known as Jesters. But on talking to one of the then franchisees, I was told they had problems due to adverse publicity generated by good meaning conservationist folks, and in order to avoid any great backlash they decided not to continue that pie. Supply on a consistent basis was also a problem.

The taste, as I recall, was a leaner but still moist meat, had less a beefish flavour to it if that means anything. I am told that if cooked carefully, the meat won't dry out and it is a delight to eat. Used with a good marinate it is an exotic meat that transfers well to the average western European/ Anglo Saxon palate! Our indigenous tribes in Australia had Kangaroo as a preferred target for their hunting from day 1.

Kangaroo meat is regarded as a very lean cut of meat. Some even suggest it is quite a healthy red meat to eat.

The fact that there is an emotive response to getting this meat onto the table (basically folks make a living going out and shooting the wild animals and then taking the carcasses to an abattoir for butchering and processing) makes it a hot potato for anyone contemplating a commercial product.

I used to shoot kangaroos as much as I did rabbits, ducks and foxes, when I was much younger and before the gun laws in this country made owning a gun a very difficult thing for the average suburban dweller to have. But I have concerns nowadays about just going out and knocking a few Roos over, and have long handed back all my arsenal to the Police when I had had enough of the restrictions being imposed upon this past time (even though I would have qualified, no problems).

Here's some links on the subject for those interested.....the one from the CSIRO is pretty authoritative, they are an Australian Govt. research organisation. What's interesting too, is that folks in other countries have a better chance of eating Kangaroo meat than most of us Aussies, as there's been a successful exporting campaign going on for a few years now, and unless you live in the State of South Australia, there really isnlt much of a market for it here in Australia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangaroo_meat
http://www.benjaminchristie.com/article/how-to-cook-kangaroo-meat-properly
http://www.csiro.au/files/mediaRelease/mr2004/kangaroofat.htm

OzziePete said:
NonsenseTele said:
Skippy pie  :laughing7: :cool01:
I want it... :evil4: How is the taste of Kangaroo meat?

OK to clarify these comments I made earlier.

The pie shop that had the kangaroo meat pies or skippy pies as I called them, was a franchise chain known as Jesters. But on talking to one of the then franchisees, I was told they had problems due to adverse publicity generated by good meaning conservationist folks, and in order to avoid any great backlash they decided not to continue that pie. Supply on a consistent basis was also a problem.

All  we have is a 22

The taste, as I recall, was a leaner but still moist meat, had less a beefish flavour to it if that means anything. I am told that if cooked carfeully, the meat won't dry out and it is a delight to eat. Used with a good marinate it is an exotic meat that transfers well to the average western European/ Anglo Saxon palate! Our indigenous tribes in Australia had Kangaroo as a preferred target for their hunting from day 1.

Kangaroo meat is regarded as a very lean cut of meat. Some even suggest it is quite a healthy red meat to eat.

The fact that there is an emotive response to getting this meat onto the table (basically folks make a living going out and shooting the wild animals and then taking the carcasses to an abattoir for butchering and processing) makes it a hot potato for anyone contemplating a commercial product.

I used to shoot kangaroos as much as I did rabbits, ducks and foxes, when I was much younger and before the gun laws in this country made owning a gun a very difficult thing for the average suburban dweller to have. But I have concerns nowadays about just going out and knocking a few Roos over, and have long handed back all my arsenal to the Police when I had had enough of the restrictions being imposed upon this past time (even though I would have qualified, no problems).
My friend has a bow and arrow, and another friend i know has every gun you could possibly think of, and another has millions of various sized fire crackers and fireworks.

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
My friend has a bow and arrow, and another friend i know has every gun you could possibly think of, and another has millions of various sized fire crackers and fireworks.

You live in Australia, right? You know then that there are differing State Laws on such things as guns, bows and arrows and fireworks.

To hunt with a bow and arrow probably requires some sort of permit. Having 'every gun you could possibly think of' requires compliance with 'every State Law you can think of'. Post 1996, the Laws are even worse than at that point where I gave up and handed in my stuff.

If you happen to be lucky enough to live in a rural area and have a property to shoot on, fine, but best check what the Laws relating to the possession of weapons are and relevant usage requirements.

I'm not trying to talk down to you or anything like that, but going outside of the Law in this area is a lot different nowadays to what it was 20 -30 years ago, when every property owner had 5 or 6 rifles and guns, and folks like me went away shooting just about every Long Weekend.

I'd hate to hear of you and your friends get pulled over for a random breath test when heading out for a shoot, and end up getting done by the cops for illegal possession of firearms & weapons.

OzziePete said:
Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:

You live in Australia, right? You know then that there are differing State Laws on such things as guns, bows and arrows and fireworks.

To hunt with a bow and arrow probably requires some sort of permit. Having 'every gun you could possibly think of' requires compliance with 'every State Law you can think of'. Post 1996, the Laws are even worse than at that point where I gave up and handed in my stuff.

If you happen to be lucky enough to live in a rural area and have a property to shoot on, fine, but best check what the Laws relating to the possession of weapons are and relevant usage requirements.
I'm very sure that my the friend with many many guns, has a permit for most or all of them, and the friend with the fire works makes then most of the time and buys them from America illegally. And the bow and arrow permit cost my friend$10 

I still want a Skippy's Barbeque  :evil4:

Here in Brazil is almost impossible to have a gun... Even if you can get the papers, you'll have to ask for a permition at police everytime will walk carring it... But I guess that the drug dealers and robbers doesn't need that and you can bet a large sum of money that there is MANY here  :doh:

Back