Australia anyone?

[/quote]

All flora and fauna? Wow,  i live here and i'm not dead.
:laughing7:

But i have seen some king brown snakes here on my property!  :eek:
I got bitten by a red belly black snake.
And, when i was young i ate a thistle, all i remember is the pain and i have a scar on the roof of my mouth....................... :sad1:
[/quote]

you think thats bad! i got swooped by a kookaburra once!!.... awful experience.

Wana_make_a_guitar said:
All flora and fauna? Wow,  i live here and i'm not dead.
:laughing7:

But i have seen some king brown snakes here on my property!  :eek:
I got bitten by a red belly black snake.
And, when i was young i ate a thistle, all i remember is the pain and i have a scar on the roof of my mouth....................... :sad1:

Well there is a reason that all these "World's Most Dangerous xxxx" TV shows usually have an extended stopover in Australia!  :laughing7:

I'm just kidding, though.  We've got a lot of nasties here in the American South as well.  But if there were any place in the world I'd rather be it is Australia.  The only problem I would have is that I really don't like vegemite... :icon_tongue:  But there was some kind of meat pie that I had down there that I really liked.

JBD

Volitions Advocate said:
i LOOOOOVE vegemite.

You know, I'm about 15 yrs older since I last tried Vegemite, so I bet I could acquire a taste for it if someone were to send me there to get some!  :toothy12:

JBD

But there was "some kind" of "meat"... pie that I had down there that I really liked.

Mystery meat in an American school cafeteria is one thing, but there's no telling what kind of bushmeat those barbarians might try to feed you... didn't they put vegemite on it? :cool01:

stubhead said:
But there was "some kind" of "meat"... pie that I had down there that I really liked.

Mystery meat in an American school cafeteria is one thing, but there's no telling what kind of bushmeat those barbarians might try to feed you... didn't they put vegemite on it? :cool01:

Nope-- there was no Vegemite in or on it.  It had a specific name and I've seen some similar things in the states, but nothing quite like it.  I wish I could remember more details, but, alas, these things are getting too far away from me now.  It might have been a regional thing, I don't know.  I just remember eating them every day for two weeks straight and couldn't get enough.  It was probably goanna fritters.

JBD

Did you go down to Rutherglen to get those meats pies? they're voted Australia's best meat pies.  :toothy10:

But into another topic!
This is what i think i need for my guitar project If you can add some stuff to it.(nothing that will change to look or sound though)
Body: Carved Top Les Paul
Flame Maple Top Mahogany Back
Cream Binding ontop
Original Floyd Rose routing
Battery box hole in back
Contoured Heel
7/8” Side jack
Black-Red-Yellow Burst top
Transparent Red Back
H-X-H pickup routing

Neck: Warmoth shape
Wenge/Rosewood
Fat Back Contour
6105 fret size
1 11/16” radius (nut)
Cream dot inlays
Original Floyd Rose Locking Nut

Hardware: Black
Original Floyd Rose
Planet Waves Auto Trim Tuners( 3L+3R )
Small Battery Box
X2 .047uf Capacitors
Black Barrel Knobs
Standard Strap Buttons Set of 2, Black
Straight LP Switch Black
X2 Warmoth wiring (just incase)

Why a battery route, .047 caps and 250k pots? I mean, I can think of a reason, but a "normal" HB setup would be .022 caps and 500k pots - the battery box is for a preamp, right?

I'd double check your source on those pot values.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2_blackouts_2v_2t

Yeah it was the pot values for an active pickup that threw me - I thought they were 25's - but, Seymour D. includes the right pots with the pickups.
http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/cutting-edge/blackouts/

yeah those pots are 25K not 250K - -so yeah take em off your list - they come with the pickups :)

and this: 1 11/16” radius (nut)  - that measurement is not the radius - just the width of the nut.

Also I'm surprised you're going all out on this other stuff and not getting strap locks. Schaller strap locks are awesome and I made sure I got them for my LP. I can't recommend them enough. Skip the gold plated jack if need be and get them instead. Seriously. I'm not kidding. The first time your strap slips off you'll wish you had them.

Body: Carved Top Les Paul
Flame Maple Top Mahogany Back
Cream Binding ontop
Original Floyd Rose routing
Battery box hole in back
Contoured Heel
7/8” Side jack
Black-Red-Yellow Burst top
Transparent Red Back
H-X-H pickup routing

Neck: Warmoth shape
Purpleheart/Rosewood
Fat Back Contour
6105 fret size
1 11/16” radius (nut)
Cream dot inlays
Original Floyd Rose Locking Nut

Hardware: Black
Original Floyd Rose
Planet Waves Auto Trim Tuners( 3L+3R )
Small Battery Box
X2 .047uf Capacitors
Black Metal Mounting Rings
Planet Waves gold plated jack (7/8”)
Black Jackplate
Black Barrel Knobs
Schaller Strap Locks
Straight LP Switch Black
X2 Warmoth wiring (just incase)

All this to be purchased from warmoth.

Purpleheart's gonna look a bit outa place beside those other colors. If you want an unfinished neck wood think about wenge or even satine, they will match up better with trans reds and bursts :icon_scratch:

From Wyong, NSW......

Volitions Advocate can get a free entry visa into Oz just by loving Vegemite!

Best meat pie I had was a Skippy Pie. Made out of kangaroo meat. Great taste but unfortunately for the makers, the conservation folks got upset that our national emblem (the Kangaroo not the meat pie  :icon_biggrin:) was being used in such a way, and they were pressured into ceasing production of it.

Vilis pies are OK, their Halal pies are quite good actually. :icon_thumright:

The wild life elsewhere in Australia might be deadly, but not as deadly as the politicians we have up here on the Central Coast!

Oh and we have Ploddy. :doh:

OzziePete said:
Best meat pie I had was a Skippy Pie. Made out of kangaroo meat.

Now that name sounds familiar... Maybe that's what I had.  This was back in the late 80s, so maybe they were still in production.

OzziePete said:
Vilis pies are OK, their Halal pies are quite good actually. :icon_thumright:

Sounds like the meat pie is almost as important to the Aussie diet as Vegemite.

OzziePete said:
Oh and we have Ploddy. :doh:

And the giant golden guitar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Guitar

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think they used Warmoth for that one...  :laughing7:

JBD

Wana_make_a_guitar said:
Will satin and wenge have the same sound?

Check out the sound meter on the neck wood section of Warmoths official site. Bear in mind it's only a guide that shows relative brightness/warmth to each other wood. Musicality is a matter of subjective taste. Satine has a similar fine grained feel to purple heart whereas wenge has a very coarse feel, not splintery and uncomfortable but very fast to play on, according to the guys who have it. :icon_thumright:

Ok Cool.......

About that skippy pie and those conservationists getting upset, they shouldn't, kangaroos are a huge pest here, you go shooting and you'll get 50, but they still show up everywhere.The name of that pie though is fairly...................ironic i guess :laughing7:

Back