August 2020 Guitar of the Month Submissions

GOM

We are now announcing the August 2020 Guitar of the Month contest!  August's contest will be "owner/non-professionally finished" and requires at least a Warmoth neck or body to qualify.

Please read the GOM rules, which have been refined, with some slight changes, and are posted in a sticky in this forum area.

Submissions must be sent, to uwfgom@gmail.com, and contain two images no greater than 1024x768, along with your description and details of the instrument.  Send your submission in plain text email.  Your photos must be attachments to the email.  Your unOfficialWarmoth Forum user name must be included in the body of the email.

In turn, your images will added to this message, which is August's submission thread.

Submissions will be accepted from now until exactly 7 days from now (please check this post's date and time), so get your cameras clicking!

As usual, discussion about the submissions can take place below.

Please do not post additional photos in any replies to this thread.  Links to other UW threads or external sites are fine. Links will not be included in the entry descriptions.

Please try to stick to the entry requirements:
1024x768 pixel images maximum as attachments please, not embedded in the email or linked to external sites.

Include your UnOfficialWarmoth Forum user name.

Owner or other non-professionally finished instruments only this month.

Sorry, but entries that do not meet these requirements may not be included in the contest. If you're having technical difficulties, get in touch!  (But only about contest entries please!)

Good luck, and may the best guitar/bass win!

Guitar #1 Ric Moore

Tedycaster

Chambered thinline Alder body from showcase (finished with Keda dye, Tru Oil, and Poly)
Roasted maple neck (burnished by the Cagey method)
SS6150 frets
Hipshot staggered locking tuners
Fretwire P90 pickups
Mojotone wiring harness
Custom made pick guard (laser engraved birch)
Gotoh bridge
Custom brass knobs by Forney Customs

VZtOM8j.jpg

EfIOtbK.jpg

Guitar #2 Steve St.Laurent

One off Headless/Travel Guitar (no compromise)

Warmoth Body Blank:
Swamp Ash
25-1/2"
Right handed
Humbucker (Neck), Strat® (Middle), Humbucker (Brdg) - 24 fret reposition
Recessed TOM
Strat® Shape neck pocket
Black burst over red dye NitroCellulose by me
Padouk control door
Padouk inlay for tuners
Custom laser engraved neck plate
Contoured heel
Steinberger Tuners

Neck:
Warmoth Pro Stratocaster
Padouk/Kingwood (unique choice)
Right Handed
1-11/16"
Standard thin
SS6105 (Stainless)
Bloody Basin Jasper Dots
Mother Of Pearl Side Dots
10-16" Compound
25-1/2"
24 fret
GraphTech Black TUSQ XL
Telecaster string ferrules

Electronics:
Lace Sensor Hot Gold HSH

5 way wiring:
  1 - Bridge
  2 - Bridge + Neck in series out of phase
  3 - Bridge + Neck in series in phase
  4 - Bridge & Neck in parallel
  5 - Neck

Toggle switch turns on middle middle in any position of the 5 way
Volume push/pull to split both coils
TBX Master Tone

06wg5hw.jpg

ZM9Yuyi.jpg

Guitar #3 neverstock

Custom Warmoth body - solid, roaster alder, maple top, hardtail, recessed TOM, and the 720 mod.

Gibson scale roasted maple/ziricote neck with an angled headstock from bestguitarparts.

I finished this guitar using Transtint dyes and oil. I personally finished both the body and neck.

It has a Creamery Double 6 pickup, and Hipshot tuners. V-T with no load pot on T.

C6QF44C.jpg

X1tbGlD.jpg

Ric Moore and Steve St.Laurent get this month's contest started! Good luck both!

If anyone's interested in more info on mine there's a build thread here: https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=21608.0

More good pics and details in the misc guitar area here: https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=32159.0

Want to give a shout out to Richard from Flatt Teknologisk out of Spokane who custom made that pick guard for me. When I’m not busy dreaming about guitars, I’ve made my living land surveying and the compass rose tied that in very well. Check him out if you need something like this. Very good to work with.

Amazing guitars guys! My build thread for the JM is here. It was inspired the the Tom Anderson Shorty Raven Models, and his Atlantic Storm finish.  I put the Suicide King Truss Rod Cover on there because with one pickup, it's all up to me to get what I want out of it. Putting the Tropical Fish Mullard 0.01 cap (again, same value as Anderson) on the tone pot allows me to get the cocked wah sound when dialed back. And as the pot is no load at max, there is a good range of tone from the one pickup.

https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=31372.msg444203#msg444203

Good luck guys - may the best guitar win!  :headbanging: Cool that we have 3 very different guitars competing. This is my 3rd attempt at GOM.

My guitar started 7 years ago with an idea.  I'd been tossing ideas around for about a year and a half before I went down this path.  It took me 7 years to complete and the design, prototype, and build are all documented on here.  Being that it's my design and all it definitely feels more like "MY" guitar!  It's doing everything I hoped it would.  Totally stoked.  I finished two guitars around the same time but these two are the first guitars I've ever finished myself - as well as the first that I've assembled completely.

Good luck guys - 3 days to go

Back