August 2014 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

GOM

We are now announcing the August 2014 Guitar of the Month contest!  August's contest will be "Owner/non-professionally Finished" and requires at least a Warmoth neck or body to qualify.

Please read the GOM rules, which have been refined, with some slight changes, and are posted in a sticky in this forum area.

Submissions must be sent, to uwfgom@gmail.com, and contain two images no greater than 1024x768, along with your description and details of the instrument.  Send your submission in plain text email.  Your photos must be attachments to the email.  Your unOfficialWarmoth Forum user name must be included in the body of the email.

In turn, your images will posted to this message, which is August's submission thread.

Submissions will be accepted from now until August 7th, so get your cameras clicking!

As usual, discussion about the submissions can take place below.

It seems to be the majority view that additional photos should not be posted in this thread - wherever/however they're hosted. The official rules have not been updated as of yet so nobody will be disqualified for posting pictures; they'll just be subjected to the shaking of heads and tutting.

Links to other UW threads or external sites are fine.

Good luck, and may the best guitar/bass win!

Guitar #1 by stratamania

Natural Ash Tea Stained Tele.

Body
Construction: Solid
Neck Pocket: Tele® Shape
Wood: Extra Light One Piece Swamp Ash
Orientation: Right handed
Control Rout: Top Rout
Pickups: T-X-T
Bridge Rout: Tele® Bridge
Input Jack Rout: 7/8" (22mm) Side Jack Hole Jack
Scale: 25-1/2"
Weight: 3lbs., 11oz.

Neck
Wood: Birdseye Maple Neck Wood/Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
Orientation: Right Handed
Nut Width: 1-5/8"
Nut: Graphtech XL Earvana
Back Contour: 59 roundback
# of Frets: 22
Frets: 6100 SS
Radius: 10-16" Compound
Inlay: Cream Face Dots
Side Dots: White Side Dots
Scale: 25-1/2"

Finish
Body: Satin Nitro, with Tea used as a stain for the One piece Ash Body.
Neck: Headstock Satin Nitro and Neck Shaft Tru Oil.
Both Finished by myself.

Tuners, Hipshot Open Gear Locking Tuners
Pickups, Seymour Duncan Vintage Noisless, 4 Way selector and powerboost wiring.
Bridge, Gotoh.
Dunlop Dual Design Strap Loks

CzSj27T.jpg

1RVLVnr.jpg

Guitar #2 by Dolando

Body - Gecko Narrow 5
Owner finished with Tru-oil
Mahogany with flame koa Top and a maple accent line
Mahogany wood control cavity cover

Neck - Gecko Narrow 5
Owner finished with Tru-oil (peghead veneer only)
Wenge shaft wood
Ebony fingerboard (with gecko Inlay)
Flame koa peghead veneer
Graphtech BlackTUSQ nut
Unlined fretless

Hardware (Black)
Hipshot A style bridge 17.5mm string spacing (string through)
Hipshot Ultralight tuners
Schaller strap locks

Electronics
Delano SBC 5 HE/S-4 Quad coil humbucker wired with a secret sliding switch mounted on the control cover for parallel/single/series humbucker switching.

je67fcg.jpg

sTgUgHs.jpg

The build thread with in progress photos for the Tea stained tele is here.

http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=23725.0

Enjoy and feedback welcome,..

Mr Dolando, a cool bass you have there.

Thanks! :)

I do like your tea finish, such a unique idea and it looks like such a nice classic tele. :)

Dolando, if you don't mind me asking, how did you do the gecko inlay? That really looks cool. Both guitars look really great.

PeteNelson said:
Dolando, if you don't mind me asking, how did you do the gecko inlay? That really looks cool. Both guitars look really great.

Yea it is really cool. It comes standard when you buy a Gecko neck. You have to pay for them not to do it. :)

Aha, I see that now. I hadn't ever looked at Warmoth's bass necks before. I am interested in learning about doing inlays. I found some stuff about doing metal inlays using metal powder and really thin superglue that I think looks really nice, but I would need to practice the technique a lot before I would try it on a guitar.

Yea I'd like to get into doing inlays at some point. :)

On a side note, not that there's anything wrong with current guitar in the corner, but does anyone know when mine will go up?  :)

I've given the powers that be a nudge. Keep hitting ctrl-F5 or equivalent...

I'm able to log in today! I was getting a cookie setting message, didn't change anything but now I'm able to log in so something must have been fixed.

Anyway, I agree with Dolando. We are well into August and while I appreciate seeing my baritone in the corner it really is time for an update to a koa bass.

ATAN2 said:
I'm able to log in today! I was getting a cookie setting message, didn't change anything but now I'm able to log in so something must have been fixed.

Anyway, I agree with Dolando. We are well into August and while I appreciate seeing my baritone in the corner it really is time for an update to a koa bass.

Thanks mate. :)

Back