August 2011 Submissions: Guitar of the Month Contest: 6 so far

GOM

Greetings,

I'm pleased to announce the August, 2011 Guitar of the Month contest.  August's contest will be for "Pro/Warmoth Finished" instruments.

Please read the GOM rules, which have been refined, with some slight changes, and are posted in a sticky in this forum area.

Submissions must be sent, to uwfgom@gmail.com, and contain two images no greater than 1024x768, along with your description and details of the instrument.

In turn, those images will posted to this message, which is July's submission thread.  

Submissions will be accepted from August 1st to August 7th, so get your cameras clicking!

All discussion for the submissions can take place below, along with other pictures hosted by the poster.  

Good luck, and may the best guitar/bass win!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
UPDOWN
Alder (solid) Body, High Grade Flame Maple Top, with a Bengal Burst Front & Black Gloss Back.
Neck is Maple (Bonus Flame) Ziricote Fretboard, Standard Thin 9 & 1/2" Straight, 1 & 11/16'' Nut width, White Corian Nut, 6150 Frets, Vintage Tint Gloss.
SD Little '59 (N) SD Li'l Screamin' Demon (M) & Gibson Dirty Fingers (B) 500K Pots with Orange Drop Cap, 3 x Mini on / on / on Switches for series / parallel & split.
6 Hole Vintage Trem, 5 Way Switch, Tele Knobs, Sperzel Tuners, Custom made Neckplate, by you know who.
UPTOWN2.jpg

UPTOWN1.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DBU
AFTER BURNER

Warmoth Body:
Carved Top Soloist
Yellow dye, Transparent Red w/shading
No binding, clean line to Black Gloss

1-piece mahogany body
Unique Choice quilt maple top
Contoured heel
HxH pick-up routing
Recessed Floyd routing

Warmoth Neck:
Warmoth Pro
Yellow dye, Red/Black scallop
No binding, clean line to Gloss Black

Maple neck
Unique Choice 3A flame maple board
Warmoth "DbU" headstock shape
Quilt maple veneer
1-11/16 nut width
R4 locking nut 1-11/16 string width
Wolfgang profile
24 fret extension
SS6100 frets
No inlays/face dots
Black side dots
Gloss Black back and Clear fretboard finish

Hardware:
All black

EMG 81/85
Original Floyd Rose w/Brass Big Block upgrade
R4 nut
Gotoh tuners
Electrosocket
Single volume
CRL 3-way blade switch w/black knob
DR6 Top Notch Crap custom neck plate and truss cover

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=16498.0
DBU1.jpg

DBU2.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Doughboy
BODY
1 piece extra light solidbody Swamp Ash body
AAAAA Flame maple top

NECK
Warmoth Pro AAAAA Flame maple Tele neck 1 5/8”
Malagasy Rosewood fingerboard
Wizard contour
Black TUSQ XL
16” radius
6115 Stainless Steel frets
Tru-Oil Finish

HARDWARE
Gotoh standard tele bridge
Gotoh mini tuners
Dimarzio Area T Bridge & Neck + Area 58 Middle
DoughboyTele.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
PT
7/8 strat
Zebrawood laminate
Mahogany body
Vintage white back
Clear gloss finish

Back routing
SD pearly gates bridge humbucker
TV Jones Powertron neck Split coils on both through the tone knob as a pull.
American standard fixed bridge

3 position switch
Standard thin Warhead grade III birdseye Maple neck
Zebrawood fretboard with gloss finish
6130 frets
Custom Dangerous neck plate
Pearloid binding

Graphtech Tusq nut
Sperzel locking tuners
PT1.jpg

PT2.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________
Televinklad

Body:
Warmoth Strat
Alder with Quilted Maple Top

Neck:
Warmoth Strat Pro
Macassar Ebony with Macassar Ebony fretboard
Standard thin profile
10-16" compound radius
1 11/16 nut width
6150 nickel-silver frets
Mother of pearl dots

Tuners:
Sperzel locking

Pickups:
Curtis Novak Classic Humbucker

Tremolo:
Callaham Vintage S (enhanced version) with virtual "64" arm

Misc:
Master vol
Master tone
Three-way switch
Schaller strap-locks
Televinklad1.jpg

Televinklad2.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________
gstring120

Body
7/8 Warmoth Strat Showcase swamp ash body
Contoured heel
Radiant finish

Neck
7/8 Warmoth Pro wenge neck with macassar ebony fingerboard
Right hand reverse headstock
Mother of pearl dots
Standard thin contour with 10-16” compound radius
1 11/16 nut
6150 fretwire

Hardware
Seymour Duncan Distortion (bridge)
Seymour Duncan Jazz (neck)
Schaller Floyd Rose tremolo
Schaller mini tuners
Three-way switch
All hardware finished in black
gregg.jpg

gregg2.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________

Folks email the photos to the email address given in the opening post, and then the moderator will post them.  Give it time.

3 in & I have NO chance at all  :sad: .... Main reason is I'm Updown  :toothy10:  NOT Uptown .... Can someone please fix that ?

Other pic's of this guitar & build here ....
Out of the Box http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=16600.0
Work in Progress http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=16707.0
Completed http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=17131.0
Name of guitar is 'Flame'  :party07:

Uptown/ Updown- I think you have a great looking guitar, just like DBU and doughboy. Will be tough just like every other month I'm afraid. :party07:

Updown said:
3 in & I have NO chance at all   :sad: .... Main reason is I'm Updown   :toothy10:  NOT Uptown .... Can someone please fix that ?

Other pic's of this guitar & build here ....
Out of the Box http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=16600.0
Work in Progress http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=16707.0
Completed http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=17131.0
Name of guitar is 'Flame'   :party07:

Your guitar looks pretty darn awesome, & in these contests, you never know. I've been wrong about the winner every time so far, so it's anyone's race to win.

Updown said:
3 in & I have NO chance at all   :sad: .... Main reason is I'm Updown   :toothy10:  NOT Uptown .... Can someone please fix that ?

FIXED...sorry

I would like to participate, but after seeing your beautiful guitars, I have some doubts
:icon_scratch:

:doh:  :laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11:

Thanks very much Jusatele! I absolutely love playing this guitar. Very versatile.
Warmoth did such a great job of taking a concept and making it reality!

Leaving for Sturgis, SD on the 5th so I'll probably be on the road and won't get to vote.  There's some very nice entries this month as well, but I'm kind of diggin' on Updown's guitar.

PT said:
Thanks very much Jusatele! I absolutely love playing this guitar. Very versatile.
Warmoth did such a great job of taking a concept and making it reality!
the Zebra on white just knocks me out, once past that the build is great, good work, now to get past the crowd of excellent guitars in this month, sure am glad I am not entered. who ever wins this month deserves it. However, that Zebra so far is at the top of my list.

Maple body, Goncalo neck, Fatback profile. SS frets. Painted by Phil Long.

Attachments

• DSC00273.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 491
  • DSC00252.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 561
I can't help myself; I gotta say it: I'm sure I've seen an uglier guitar, but I can't remember where or when.

There. I said it. Put me on "ignore" so you don't have to hear any more of my thoughtless, callous, irreverent shit.

Most people are doomed to wear blinders their whole life. Stuck in the 70's.  It's ok to just like the same ole things, I guess. A friend of mine had a T-shirt that read;
'You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you cause you're all the same'.
I see some pictures of Warmoth guitars that are very different than the 800,000,000,000. 'normal' guitars from the typical manufacturers. I find that refreshing.
Companies like Warmoth allow people to make 'their' own guitars.
If everyone had blinders on we wouldn't have evolved musically, to the point of Gregorian chants or even a radio to listen to them on.
The whole of humanity has copped a ride on the backs of those who didn't have blinders on.

Back