Are there any good "noiseless" or "humbucking" tele pickups?

rockskate4x

It's all in the title I guess... I want a telecaster bridge pickup with less noise, while still retaining the genuine tone... any suggestions, guys?

For what it's worth......... I've got Kinman Woodstock+ Strat pickups, and they are great.    :icon_thumright:

I've tried most of them, and IMO the Kinmans are the best of the bunch.

However, I still prefer the tone you get from true single coils.

Funky Phil said:
I've tried most of them, and IMO the Kinmans are the best of the bunch.

However, I still prefer the tone you get from true single coils.

+1  :icon_thumright:

If your guitar is not a Tele, I would recommend John Suhr's Back Plate Silent Single Coil System ( http://www.suhrguitars.com/pickups.aspx ).  This little gizmo really works on true single coil guitars.  It is actually a magnet-less dummy coil meant to "buck" the hum from the single coils without altering the tone.

You have got to try the Joe Barden "Danny Gatton" Tele pickups. My thought was, "they were designed for Danny Gatton and he used them exclusively... so they must be good enough for me." Holy crap, was I right. They are absolutely amazing! I would never guess they were technically a humbucking pickup, because they twang, they're clear, bright, and they can scream if you want them to. All while being totally silent.

Now I have no experience with Kinman's (other than listening to clips online), but I am totally sold on the Barden pickups now.

bill lawrence pickups is one worth considering.

www.wildepickups.com

Check out the forum they have to learn more about the different models he makes and the tone of them.

I'm asking because I want to build a strat with tele bridge and strat middle and strat neck pickups... noise bothers me, and noise gates bother me even more because of the tone loss.

I'd really, really like to get close to real strat/tele tone territory without the noise... It doesn't matter to me if it's a little off. As long as the tone is good I'll work with it. I just want a versatile  fenderish sounding instrument. I'm breaking away from my PAF tones and trying other stuff.

RexTheDog said:
bill lawrence pickups is one worth considering.

www.wildepickups.com

Check out the forum they have to learn more about the different models he makes and the tone of them.

That is what I was going to recommend.  This is the original BL not the BL USA.

I have been doing the same research over the past couple of days and so far checked into Bill Lawrence, Lace and the Area T pickups.

I'll check out Kinman too, but they are quite a bit more expensive!

Does anybody know if Rio Grande has noiseless Tele Pickups? Can't seem to find them on their site.

Ok here you go, I have a strat with fender noiseless semarium cobalt or whatever, pups, these are amazing pups, noiseless and some crunch or bluesy tone, I have another guitar with Fralin blues specials, these are very "Strat" sounding pups, with great tone and sparkle
Theres another choice here to consider, troubled treble has a set of pups that are very similar sounding to the fender noiseless that I have, and they aren't even humbucking as fenders are. they are quiet, and have a ton of character and tone. 

I think you can get a set for your Tele for a great price from troubledtreble, and be real happy, not to mention one of the first to get them and write a review

I posted this on another thread without any response.

http://www.fralinpickups.com/stratstyleSB.asp

not sure if they are in production yet.

Brian

Back