AquaMaster Build

Expectation always exceeds realization. Imagination always exceeds reality. And the most important rule of all, Don't feed the troll...

I have bought both bodies and necks from Warmoth, so far, the products I received looked better than the pictures displayed. But I have quite a few years of experience in judging wood both in person and through images, and I have learned that there will always be a little difference between the picture and the piece. This is because of both the reasons Cagey stated, and the fact that the camera and the human eye and brain don't work the same way.  :eek:

Over the past several months I have spent thousands of dollars on Warmoth gear. I've purchased 5 Showcase necks, 1 custom order neck, 2 Showcase bodies, and 1 custom body. The only items I was disappointed in and returned were the custom order items. The Showcase items have been great.

I know zero about photography. ZERO. However, the stock photo is exactly what I had hoped for. The awesome teal & blue contrast. The moving nature of the quilt that actually looks like water...hence the Aquamaster name. The guitar as pictured was exactly what I had dreamed about for months. Unfortunately, to my eyes, the body looked totally different in person. Under the right conditions, the body probably isn't as dark as my pic, but it's certainly not as vibrant as Warmoths.

At the end of the day, someone is going to have a cool custom Jazzmaster and I'll still spend thousands of dollars on guitars. Onward and upward.

Just to put this to rest I just saw an Aquamarine bass pop up on Reverb. This shows a nice in-between view of the finish color and is probably a good representation of the body I received. Everything is close, but no doubt lighting, monitors, and whatever photography stuff photographers do makes a difference. This is my last post in this thread but excited to wrap up my Korinablaster project and share a few others that I have in the works...love me some Warmoth!

tWb0BrS.jpg

rGblcWh.jpg

JhRvC8y.png

Back