anyone know a good p-90 and humbucker combo?

Gabe

my guitar is P90-HB-P90 (I know it's a weird combo) and I'm looking for a good combo for a nice warm balanced sound, not too much high on the high range, but good clarity and nothing too pronounced. My cousin who was a professional guitarist recommended some seymour duncan's, so the best combo I could find with those was A P-90 custom, P-90 vintage, and an invader in the middle. If anyone knows of a combo that could work well I would appreciate it thanks.

I don't know about their hummies, but GFS's p90s sound really good, especially for their price (around 30 bucks if I remember correctly)

wow that is a great price, thanks for the info, I'll be sure to check them out.

Seymour Duncan P-Rails.  :eek:ccasion14:

SHPR-2b_Hot_all_cr.jpg

Talk to Ken at Roadhouse Pickups.  He goes by TroubledTreble on this board.  He wound some p90's for me that sound awesome.

+1 to talking with Ken.

For something off the shelf, maybe consider the Gibson Gary Moore Signature Les Paul BFG combo, http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Gary-Moore-BFG.aspx

It's a P90 in the neck, a zebra Burstbucker 3 in the bridge - maybe you could move the bridge pickup a little northward and stick a bridge P90 in?

meh I don't too much like brand-name pickups in general mostly because they're uber expensive. They probably do sound good, but so do things that are like 1/3 the price. I'll definitely take a look at roadhouse pickups though, thanks for the info.

I've been running a Benedetto PAF  neck and Gibson P 94 mid  for the last decade , they make a beautiful sound together.

Back