Anyone have pics of bodies with 'Transparent Turquoise' finish?

NowhereMan

I know there's an example in the paint section but I notice that there's an appreciable degree of variation in the finishes and I'd like to see a few examples before I look into ordering a body with this finish.  Thanks.

Have you thought about doing a search and seeing what you can come up with?  Maybe look at the current GOM?

Turquoise, based on my recent build (which was a home brewed transparent turquoise) is a really changeable color, in some contexts it will be blue, others it will be green, so any photos will only get you into the ball park of what it will look like in person.  But then again that's its charm.

What kind of wood are you thinking of having it put on? You would get a lot of shade/color variance from alder or swamp ash to roasted swamp ash or mahogany. Personally, I'd love to see it on roasted swamp ash.

PS12777B.jpg

BTW this is on Mahogany , become darker .

PS12777A.jpg

https://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Spotlight=1&Path=Spotlight&i=PS12777#.Xme4rS2B0aI

I really like this colour , but no $ to buy , it sold  :help:

Rick said:
Have you thought about doing a search and seeing what you can come up with?  Maybe look at the current GOM?

Turquoise, based on my recent build (which was a home brewed transparent turquoise) is a really changeable color, in some contexts it will be blue, others it will be green, so any photos will only get you into the ball park of what it will look like in person.  But then again that's its charm.
Oh, I did, and this was one of the threads I found :) I found some pics here and there, but I thought it might be cool having them and maybe more in a single thread.

Also, I was specifically looking for Warmoth's turquoise finishes.

And yeah, turquoise sometimes looks more green or more blue. I like it more when it's more greenish  :icon_biggrin:

Rgand said:
What kind of wood are you thinking of having it put on? You would get a lot of shade/color variance from alder or swamp ash to roasted swamp ash or mahogany. Personally, I'd love to see it on roasted swamp ash.
I would like to see it on alder, and more specifically transparent satin finishes if possible (but that's not necessary), but I wouldn't mind seeing any other woods. I just happen to like this color and wonder how it looks on real guitars (as the previews on the builder are not real, are they? At least they don't look real to me XD

Example:
hnfVIl7.png

Hendrix said:
this one on Swamp Ash

PS14469b.jpg
Loved that one! Although not fond of the front pic ^_^U Anyway, thanks!

I thought I could update this thread with this beautiful pic of the transparent turquoise satin finish on swamp ash:

Transparent-Turquoise-Ash-Satin.jpg

If warmoth starts doing Meteora bodies, this finish will be my choice for sure <3

Back