Anyone ever purchased a full set of 6L Schaller tuners from W ?

vegababy

Reason I'm asking is because Warmoth sells the Schaller Locking Tuners separately. I've bought complete sets before (years ago, not from Warmoth) and a whole set of 6L tuners comes staggered. How is that handled by Warmoth ? Do they send out individually staggered tuners ? Do you get a 'complete' Schaller packaged set (which then would be staggered) or are they just individual, all same height non staggered ?

Thanks guys !

tfarny said:
You're thinking of Sperzel perhaps?
No,no...Schallers. You're correct, Sperzels are staggered too, but so are the Schallers. A friend of mine just installed some a few weeks ago and got the heights all mixed up, so they're definitely still building them like that...

The Schallers that Warmoth carries are not staggered.  They are all the same height.

I have 6L Schallers from Warmoth on my strat and they are not staggered.

When installing on a Warmoth peghead, the hole the string goes through is at a very low point on the post, next to the hex nut, so a staggered set wouldn't do any more for you.

dbw said:
I have 6L Schallers from Warmoth on my strat and they are not staggered.

Yep, me too.
Several in fact, never staggered.

James

Gregg said:
When installing on a Warmoth peghead, the hole the string goes through is at a very low point on the post, next to the hex nut, so a staggered set wouldn't do any more for you.
Thanks for the explanation.

So do infact staggered tuners not fit correctly then ?

Back