Anyone ever adapted a Warmoth body for a common 24-fret neck?

Hi guys, sorry for reanimating this post, but I seem to have a similar problem...

I ordered a Warmoth Jazzmaster build with the 24 fret extension & a MusiKraft 24 fret neck, unknowing that the neck wouldn't fit. I had to find out the hard way, everything was ready and finished...

My plan is to get a new 22 fret neck and use it with my Warmoth body and to find a perfect guitar and replace its neck with the MusiKraft one, as selling the neck alone would lose me about 70% of the money... Also getting a new custom body in Europe is a pain in the a**, as all the good builders are in the USA and the customs duty is way too expensive (around 150$...).

So, do you know ANY usable guitar brands or even models, which would take a 25,5" neck with 24 frets (no overhang) and a standard Strat heel? Jackson, Ibanez, Charvel & BC Rich offer 25,5" & 24 frets, but I'm not sure about the neckpocket... Thanks!

Awesome. I knew Musikraft made 24 fret necks, but I assumed they had the stupid overhang like 'W'.

So I've been paying custom builders a fortune to make necks and bodies with 24 frets that mate to the body with a comfortable neck joint.

I really wish 'W' would get on board with this, and tool up for their own "legit" 24 fret necks/bodies. I've always said that I would much prefer to spend my money on Warmoth.

4.jpg

GMGM said:
Awesome. I knew Musikraft made 24 fret necks, but I assumed they had the stupid overhang like 'W'.

So I've been paying custom builders a fortune to make necks and bodies with 24 frets that mate to the body with a comfortable neck joint.

I really wish 'W' would get on board with this, and tool up for their own "legit" 24 fret necks/bodies. I've always said that I would much prefer to spend my money on Warmoth.

4.jpg
The 7/8 series (body & neck are different scale) or Baritone conversion necks would fit your criteria; otherwise they don't qualify under their replacement neck license.

AutoBat said:
GMGM said:

4.jpg
The 7/8 series (body & neck are different scale) or Baritone conversion necks would fit your criteria; otherwise they don't qualify under their replacement neck license.

And that is more of a limitation specified by Fender than anything else, same thing with applying a logo to a Fender shaped headstock.  The license is particular that way.

Back