Anyone already planning on their next build

Jack_H

while waiting for their order, or in the middle of a build?

Kinda hard to stop thinking about all the possibilities, isn't it?

I'm still planning my first Warmoth build. I have a build in mind but I just can't afford to pull the trigger on it yet. The body is going to be the expensive component. There is a lot of customization going on.

Also, love the lol wut pear.

Yup. About to start finishing the body on a Tele Thinline build, still have many components to acquire... and already thinking I need either a LP style or semi hollow H-H build.

... I should probably just practice playing instead  :guitaristgif:  :icon_scratch:

I'm planning my next guitar build, even though I still haven't completed my previous two builds.
Until a week ago, I really wasn't planning to do anymore guitars.  Maybe a bass, ( and that's a MAYBE).
Now I want to build a tribute to a signature model of a famous guitar player. The signature model can be bought for 4 grand, but not only do I not wanna spend 4 grand for a guitar, I also wanna make some changes to suit my personal taste, while retaining the basic appearance of the signature model.

I just did two simultaneous Tele builds, and the next build is already in the works. The neck and pickups arrived today...just waiting on the body to arrive. I’ll probably start planning the next one as I wait :)

https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=31662.0

CJT1775 said:
... I should probably just practice playing instead  :guitaristgif:  :icon_scratch:

Hey!!  I resemble that remark.. lol 

But, that being said.. I have two projects in the works, just waiting on the parts to get here and two "revamps" in the works on two Warmoth's I've already built..  Going to do a little modding and tweaking on those two.

I'm planning my next build, but I don't expect starting it in at least 5 years xD It will mostly be improvements or small changes to my current guitar (well, it's still to be finished). In doubtful about having a 24 conversion neck. I really want to try the feel of a les paul neck on a jazzmaster, but I'm not 100% convinced of the investment.

What I'm sure it's that the next one will be transparent turquoise satin finish  :icon_biggrin:

Jack_H said:
while waiting for their order, or in the middle of a build?

Kinda hard to stop thinking about all the possibilities, isn't it?

Indeed.  I just ordered the neck for my current build, and I've been exploring the next one already.  Either a VIP or carved-top Soloist body or a Gecko-6.

Because I don't have a 6-string bass yet. :D

Plenty of time to save my next $1,000, right?

I'm always planning a new build, it just never come to fruition... :laughing11:

Actually I've been heavily looking at a couple of different LP kits, I want a LP, and one that I really like is the faded studio series they did sometime back... :headbanging:

I'd still like the guitar I set out to build - the one Wound G just won GOTM with. But man carved top Tele bodies are ouch. Maybe after the kid is out of college

swarfrat said:
I'd still like the guitar I set out to build - the one Wound G just won GOTM with. But man carved top Tele bodies are ouch. Maybe after the kid is out of college
yip...ouch!!!

I just bought strap buttons for my most recent build yesterday, so now I can truly complete it.  And I have all the parts for my next project stacked in the garage waiting for me to rev up the gumption to start the build.

swarfrat said:
Not as bad as I thought, I spec'd out a swamps body with Blk limba top  for 5 bills... :dontknow:
50369692756_0141b3dc72_b.jpg

Carved hollow Bk/hog, Stop/Tom, LP controls and clear coat comes out to $660. Ouch. But at least I still got my wenge neck

Not exactly in full planning yet, but I do have this stuff...

88Lrbi.jpg

. I mean I should do something with it............... :icon_scratch:

Back