Anybody know...

Xplorervoodoo

...how difficult it would be to modify the side jack hole on a V body (gibby style) to accept a strat style recessed top jack plate?

I want my next build to be a V, and I think a recessed top jack would make it easier to plug in.  Would warmoth do that modification for me?

difficulty is a subjective judgement - what's difficult for you may be relatively routine for me, and vice versa

what are your woodworking skills and available tools?

all the best,

R

SkuttleFunk said:
difficulty is a subjective judgement - what's difficult for you may be relatively routine for me, and vice versa

what are your woodworking skills and available tools?

all the best,

R

That's true, I suppose I should've thought of that.  Well, my woodworking skills are basically novice, though I do find wood easier to work with than the old rusted metal I knew from my days as a mechanic  :laughing7:  I do own a dremel tool.  I found it easy to make measurements for drilling and stuff like that, and on my strat, I enlarged the lower edge of the routing to fit the DG20 pickguard components.  It was messy, but I didn't mind because the pickguard hides my sloppyness.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not afraid to attack the project, as long as the finished product hides all my sloppy work  :laughing7:

If you got a 7/8 side jack.....

I suppose you could use a rather coarse metal burr and Dremel to do it, but I'd ask W if they could... before doing it myself.  If they do it, it works _and_ is pretty too!~

Back