Anybody here that has a green pearl pickguard

Logrinn

on one of your guitars? Like this:

145397238787874900_resized.png

And willing to share an image? Would be nice to see how it actually looks.

It does, doesn't it?
That's why I'm curious to see a real one. Would it still look irish, or would it look "ok"?

Well, like any piece of art...and these guitars are definitely art...the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You could slap it onto a transparent neon orange body, and it wouldn't do much for me. Coordinate it with, mmm...maybe, pearlescent white with a matching white headstock...you'll have something most folks just may stop to admire. I'm interested in seeing what you do with one!

Well, my initial plans was using a white gloss pickguard on a transparent blue body.

PT5332E.jpg

But I found that a potential problem with that might be that not all pickups are available in white. And i think that a white pickguard with creme pickups would clash, as would a white pickguard and black pickups. The latter might not be too bad but it would just add to it being too "busy", too many colors.
And while I experimented with the body builder I started looking at the green pickguard and went, "hmm, why not?".

Hence my question. What does it look "in real life"? The green pearl pickguard I mean.

I think the green looks good, The nice thing about pick guards, they are fairly cheap and makes an easy big impact change to the appearance. you can have several pickguards you can swap back and forth

With red knobs it would look incredibly christmassy. Gold knobs and hardware would work with the Saint Paddy theme. I'm personally not a fan of bright colored pickguards, but in the end it's the whole build that either works or doesn't - so every now and then a build comes along that proves me completely wrong.

Back