Any Thoughts on new hard case for Stratocaster?

Johnhamdun

Hey Guys,

I have been slowly piecing together a custom strat and was wondering if anyone had some thoughts on a good hardshell case/where to order one. I have been looking at G&G and TKL.

I got a great Hiscox case.  ( i now have 2 - one for the strat, and one for the LP).

Bulletproof.  Dunno how available they are outside the UK, but I'm you can find them around.  Expect to pay about £60 or equivalent.

I got a good deal on a TKL on Ebay - the "stratosphere" - they have huge numbers of cases and bags.

I've got a guardian case for my carved top soloist and it sucks.  Total waste of $$.  Wish I would have just gotten an SKB.  Grundorf makes a somewhat affordable flight case if your looking for super duper protection.

tfarny said:
I got a good deal on a TKL on Ebay - the "stratosphere" - they have huge numbers of cases and bags.

Second the stratosphere on eBay, I just got a real nice Fender case with TSA locks (since I'll be travelling soon), for about $75...  Was a great deal...

I'm looking for a hard case (for stratocaster and a ibenz-style Yamaha RGX) as well. Does anybody have experiences with the SKB Route 66 case or with SKB cases in general?

Thanks

While we're on the case topic, anybody have any ideas on a Warmoth L5S case? The body's too wide to fit in a Strat/Tele style case, the only thing in the house that it fits in is an ES-335 case, but that's a little too big and it rattles around....

jack,

it might fit in a Gibson 336 case. A bandmate has one of those and it seems to be a bit bigger than a Les Paul but smaller than his 335.

Brian

jackthehack said:
How much abuse/what kind of conditions does the case need to endure?

I am not going to be intentionally throwing it out of a speeding car anytime soon, but something that can live up to regular abuse without falling apart would be great. If possible I would like a tweed exterior, but that is not a must.

Recently bought an SKB case for my Strat not overly impressed by it, but it gets the job done.  I have a friend who has a Hiscox case, a bit more expensive but much better in my opinion.

Johnhamdun said:
Hey Guys,

I have been slowly piecing together a custom strat and was wondering if anyone had some thoughts on a good hardshell case/where to order one. I have been looking at G&G and TKL.
Find you a nice tweed case.........classy.... :icon_thumright: Music123.com  has this one for $49.00
375142jpg.jpg

jimh said:
I got a great Hiscox case.  ( i now have 2 - one for the strat, and one for the LP).

Bulletproof.  Dunno how available they are outside the UK, but I'm you can find them around.  Expect to pay about £60 or equivalent.

Jimster, I'll take you up on that offer........"bullet proof"
2421378215_8a34015d5a.jpg

What's them matter Jim, you didn't think this was funny........ :toothy12:

jackthehack said:
While we're on the case topic, anybody have any ideas on a Warmoth L5S case? The body's too wide to fit in a Strat/Tele style case, the only thing in the house that it fits in is an ES-335 case, but that's a little too big and it rattles around....
You may have to go this route, it has the foam that you cut to fit the guitar shape. Kinda like an ATA case.....
www.finecases.com/browse/gator-cases/gator-cases-3695.html
gw-extreme-open.jpg

DangerousR6 said:
jimh said:

Jimster, I'll take you up on that offer........"bullet proof"
2421378215_8a34015d5a.jpg

What's them matter Jim, you didn't think this was funny........ :toothy12:

I'm Scared..........

You're a big man with lots of guns........ :sad:

Please dont hurt me.  But if you shoot my case, and my 8-ball is in it, then something bad will happen.......

jimh said:
I'm Scared..........

You're a big man with lots of guns........ :sad:

Please dont hurt me.  But if you shoot my case, and my 8-ball is in it, then something bad will happen.......
No I wouldn't even think of it buddy.....just razzin' ya...... :laughing11:

I know..... :icon_thumright:

But if you were to shoot my 8-ball, I'd have to shout some profanities at you menacingly.

Back