Any plans to bring back an LPS-like carved top doublecut body?

gcvsa

My two favourite bodies have long been the carved top LPS and VIP, but I found out the LPS was discontinued thanks to pressure from a certain Nashville manufacturer who shall go unnamed. Does anyone know if it's coming back someday with a slightly different design?

Attachments

• LPS-Front.jpg
    LPS-Front.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 269
That certain Nashville manufacturer is currently in debt to their eyeballs. They will use every means to maximize their earning or go belly up. Whichever way, we are not likely to see any change in opening up their designs.

Long been one of my favorites, too. Used ones show up every once in a while on eBay or Reverb. There's a nice one on Reverb.com right now, if you've got a serious itch...

vvuri9sbfeiga1h8dpz9.jpg

All it needs is a neck. $500 in the box, out the door. Wish I could see my way clear to buy it.

Everything is for sale
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=26419.0;attach=38626

index.php

Cagey said:
Long been one of my favorites, too. Used ones show up every once in a while on eBay or Reverb. There's a nice one on Reverb.com right now, if you've got a serious itch...All it needs is a neck. $500 in the box, out the door. Wish I could see my way clear to buy it.

I was drooling over that a few minutes ago, and the other day a gorgeous 24.75" Vortex neck was on Reverb, too, for about $450, I think?

Only thing wrong with that body is, the bridge. I want a vibrato.

What kind of vibrato use do you get up to? If it's just mild vibrato, there are top-mount units available that could be retro-fitted on that body fairly easily. Bigsby comes to mind, but there are others. If you like to get into wild acrobatic vibrato like Hendrix/Blackmore/VanHalen, then you'll need something that'll require more radical modifications, but they're certainly doable given the proper tools. There are a lot of suppliers for that style, as they comprise probably 85%-90% of the vibrato installations out there. Then, there are a few units that fall in between those two extremes. Some routing necessary, but not radical modifications with rear spring cavities, etc. Kahler comes to mind.

Its such a useful shape, I wish Warmoth could still offer it. I also wish they could do a non distorted "SG" shape, but thicker than an SG body.

Back