Any experience with buzzy necks?

Hey Gregg, that story brings a whole new meaning to Boiled Linseed Oil finish.  While I am good at coming up with wrong ways of doing things, that is a whole 'nother level.
Patrick

Patrick from Davis said:
Hey Gregg, that story brings a whole new meaning to Boiled Linseed Oil finish.  While I am good at coming up with wrong ways of doing things, that is a whole 'nother level.
Patrick
:laughing7:  If you actually cook Alder for 2 days, it tastes a lot like chicken......with enough BBQ sause on it that is.

Gregg said:
Hey, have you heard the one about the guy who put a raw Warmoth body in a baking pan, added Wesson oil and stuck it in the oven at low heat? Yep, he was trying to do his own oil finish. He called in for a warranty claim - bad glue. True story.  (I got a million of them)  :laughing7:                   

Wouldn't it have been done quicker using the microwave  :icon_biggrin:  :sad:

I've had two Warmoth necks now, both out of the box very well done.

First guitar I assembled, went to a top luthier in Sydney (he does warranty work for Fender Custom guitars so he knows his stuff) for a final set up and he commented favourably about the neck. No need for a dressing or levelling. Second guitar is still being assembled - has been for years - but the neck is not the issue here, it's been finances and the electronics (my own fault, I'm trying to do too much).

Gregg said:
Patrick from Davis said:
Patrick
:laughing7:  If you actually cook Alder for 2 days, it tastes a lot like chicken......with enough BBQ sause on it that is.

wtf.gif
crackup.gif

I have two necks and not nary a problem from either one. Both of 'em birdseye maple, and even after 8 yrs with no hard finish and nothing more than a little gunstock oil. Both are straight as an arrow..... :headbang1:

DangerousR6 said:
...nothing more than a little gunstock oil. Both are straight as an arrow.....

I think that is the main purpose of gunstock oil, next to looking pretty, no?

Back