Any Bike Riders?

Death by Uberschall said:
DangerousR6 said:
Cagey said:
Reminds me of my Fuji Absolute. I didn't spend quite that much on it, but it was substantial. On the plus side, it was the best bike I ever owned. I could ride that thing 25 miles as easily as 2, which was mostly attributed to its weight. You could pick that thing up with your pinky finger. End result was you could ride 6 or 7 times as far as you could walk without fatigue, and in substantially less time.
I just twist the throttle, I can go as far as I want.... :toothy12:

:laughing7:
And here's the good part, I never get tired..... :laughing11:

Yeah, I had a pretty decent Honda for a while, so I know how much fun they can be. Unfortunately, my left leg doesn't work worth a tinker's damn anymore, so my riding days are over. Even on a 10-speed. But, I can still walk, so all's not lost.

Cagey said:
Yeah, I had a pretty decent Honda for a while, so I know how much fun they can be. Unfortunately, my left leg doesn't work worth a tinker's damn anymore, so my riding days are over. Even on a 10-speed. But, I can still walk, so all's not lost.
Well since I don't know your situation, but as long as I can walk, I'll be riding.  And if this isn't motivation I don't know what is, but I've seen a guy paralyzed from waist down that road races. So even if I can just hobble, I'll be riding... My bike is like an appendage, can't live without it. :headbang1:

And what about this guy... :dontknow:
attachment.php

When first I saw this thread I thought you meant "bicycle".  :doh: That's due to a matter of perception.  :icon_tongue:

Motorcycles are great but I don't care for dealing with cars. I feel like a target when I'm on a motorcycle on the road. Too many friends having someone bump them from behind because someone didn't "see" them! ?

So there are other "bikes" out there too. Any one ride the non motorized kind?

Attachments

• Moab 34.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 441
  • Moab 35.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 476
I have always wanted to ride the slickrock in Moab on my mountain bike.  Its so different from the East Coast woods riding I grew up on.

TroubledTreble said:
I posted my bike on page 1. It gets about 300-500 miles/year put on it.

@ AutoBat: I can't tell you how many times I've peeked at the thread and didn't see that. doh* Do you use that bike for commuting?

Those features were on the Klondike Trail which is on the other side of the river near Arches National Park. Very cool area. It was a treat to ride. For years I rode tight east coast single track before moving west. Now it's more North Shore type riding and a lot more climbing and epic trail riding.

TroubledTreble said:
When first I saw this thread I thought you meant "bicycle".  :doh: That's due to a matter of perception.  :icon_tongue:

Motorcycles are great but I don't care for dealing with cars. I feel like a target when I'm on a motorcycle on the road. Too many friends having someone bump them from behind because someone didn't "see" them! ?

I do, and have for many years as my only form of transport (other than public transport). Makes you a good judge of how many groceries fit in your backpack.

I think you need to sweat every day...

Hey! Sweet! I have a Soma cross bike which I also use to use as a commuter. I like the red parts. It looks like you have some options, will you be going with disc front and back? That will surely be a nimble bike. The fully rigid set up makes my back wince.

What kind of drive train will you be using?

Yep, full rigid rolling 1.5 inch skinnies! Avid BB7 Mechanical Discs, to SRAM X7 drivetrain.

Worked hard to avoid shimano on this build.

the wheels are Anodized Red too, and the cables will also be red... and the water bottle cages...

I was a bit bummed that the brake bosses are one piece. so I will be stuck with Canti Stems. on there. but once I put the cargo rack on they will be nearly invisible... I hope.

Awsome! I run the Juicy's on my bikes, I like the Avid stuff. Good choice with the SRAM too. It's all I use, I'm over the big S company. I also have a bike with red parts.

1.5's ey? Better carry a flat kit or be nimble on the wheels! I look forward to seeing it complete!

I run these Bontrager tires my local shop set me up with. they've been shockingly durable!

Oh yeah...but missing my guitar and rock art...http://www.creativeboneartworks.com/intro.htm

Attachments

• MntnRd.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 220
Our local Yamaha dealer had a Yamaha sponsored "new bikes" ride event where you can ride the new models which were very cool. I love the new V-Max!!!  :evil4:

Part of the event was free dyno runs, so you just know I had to go and find out,........................

So how does 96 hp and 113 ft/lb of torque at the rear wheel in the afternoon heat sound??? Not bad for a cruiser.  :headbang1:

006.JPG

Our local Yamaha dealer had a Yamaha sponsored "new bikes" ride event where you can ride the new models which were very cool. I love the new V-Max!!!  :evil4:

Part of the event was free dyno runs, so you just know I had to go and find out,........................

So how does 96 hp and 113 ft/lb of torque at the rear wheel in the afternoon heat sound??? Not bad for a cruiser.  :headbang1:

006.JPG
Sounds like fun. My dad and all his riding buddies have V-Max's, all but one of them have the old style Max. The new one has it's good points and bad points, as does the old one.

Sounds like more than a lotta cars have these days, at a fraction of the weight. It's gotta be fun, Fun FUN! <grin>

I have 2  , an 07 H DStreet Glide with a 103 stage II , progressive mono tube fork cartridges and touring link , lots of chrome , color matched inner fairing

an 09 Yamaha FJR 1300  with a short smoke screen , corbin saddle /smuggler  pazzo levers and Heli Triple clamp/risers

for the pedal variety ... a Trek 7.5

Attachments

• 742.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 250
  • 1017.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 252
  • 819.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 262
Yo guys, I'm back again! Long time no see.

During the time I've been gone I've gotten my driver's license (this summer), class A1, max 125cc/15HP

Yay, tremble in fear of this 125cc 15HP motorcycle!
Sadly, though, no pics. Bought it third-hand, and you could say it's condition ain't what you call "pristine" :laughing7:

Oh, well, bought it as a project-bike, but I haven't had any time to mend it, although I have just ordered a few sets of new gaskets for the engines. So, when it stops (not) running on coolant, I will finish mending the cowls. I figure I might have it up and running when the biking-season starts anew somewhere during spring. I mean, it's hard riding a "sports" bike with minimally threaded tires when the roads are covered by snow and ice :tard:.

I'm thinking of painting the cowls orange, leaving the rims black, so it's gonna be a special NSR.

I love all the bikes I have seen here, although I prefer R-cycles and Street enduros the most :laughing7:

Back