Any advantage in locking tuners for a tele?

anorakDan said:
Spider said:
Hey, I've just looked up the weight of Gotoh vintage locking tuners against Gotoh vintage non-locking Locking tuners are 160.121 gms, non-locking are 161.028 gms.  :icon_scratch:

non-locking Locking tuners?

Oops, missed out the period (full stop) after the first 'non-locking' - it makes sense if you imagine it's there. Last time I try to post something with a wailing five-year-old on my knee!

I like them well enough and most of my guitars are equipped with them. They do add some weight and if you're a "vintage guy" they will look a little off.

Stretching out the strings, how they're wrapped around the post, and the quality of the nutwork are all important. It could be how I wind them, but I've tried several suggested methods over time and have just had noticeably better stability overall with locking tuners. Most of mine are hard tails (or might as well be for all the whammy bar I don't use). My current build won't have them so I guess we'll see how that works out.

My Warmoth Pro necks don't like to move around with minor temp/humidity changes. Some others do.

Back