Another Thinline Tele

tkcrabby

Hi guys,
            I bought the body off a small outfit off ebay and the neck came from ebay from a seller who never mounted it on a body.
The body is Ash (hollow upper and lower bouts,body finish was done down in Baton Rouge, La by a builder down there for me,,,,,,  Paduak Top, the neck is a Warmoth modern vintage, compound radius. Mahogany with a Pau ferro fingerboard. It has a 59 Les Paul roundback with Mother of pearl block inlays. 1 11/16" wide at the nut , frets are Jumbo Stainless Steel. gloss neck finish was applied at Warmoth.
    I only assembled it, and with parts from all over the net.  it plays and sound great!

100_3002.jpg

100_3001.jpg

hint hint... HELLOOOOO Warmoth HELLLLOOOOO matching covers big guys... you can do it~

Thanks guys!  Yeah, I like the matching control cover as well,,,,,,, BUT I wish it was cut from the same exact spot on the back of the body so the grain of the ash would match but I guess that's a little anal, huh?

Too bad you couldn't get screws to match as well!  :laughing11:  I am totally kidding, that is a sweet Thinline.  Wish I had thought of block inlays for mine, that looks great.  Oh well, there's always the next one!

tkcrabby said:
Thanks guys!  Yeah, I like the matching control cover as well,,,,,,, BUT I wish it was cut from the same exact spot on the back of the body so the grain of the ash would match but I guess that's a little anal, huh?

I agree, and theres a way to do it but would add a few more processing steps and probably a bunch to the cost

Hey, nice guitar, man.  What kind (as in brand/model) of bridge is that and how did you have Warmoth drill for it since they don't offer it on their website?  I'm going through hell right now just trying to get them to drill for a Gotoh Hardtail Bridge as shown on Stewmac.  It seems like it should be standard option!

realnice, that's not a warmoth body if you look at the original post. Warmoth sells and drills for two hardail bridges, any reason you want that gotoh one? I thought it was kind of ugly compared to the ones W offers.

ah, you're right.  I didn't notice that from the original post.  And yeah, the reason I want that one is because I think the ones Warmoth offers are ugly.  :)  Are you sure you're looking at the right one?  It looks like a regular strat bridge (and incidentally exactly like the one on the Telecaster Custom FMT HH that I'm emulating in my build):  http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_non-trem_bridges/Gotoh_Hardtail_Bridge.html

I apologize for hi-jacking this thread, by the way.  I do think your guitar looks sick!    :rock-on:

Looks great! I love the combination of red wood and gold hardware. Happy playing that babe!

tkcrabby said:

That's next to impossible, but that would be neat.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
tkcrabby said:

That's next to impossible, but that would be neat.
Yep, you pretty much are only going to get those from individual builders...But if the "W" can make plastic ones, I'm sure wood ones wouldn't be to much of a stretch...

Nice tele too.....

tkcrabby said:

Just slightly OCD, but probably only practical to do on a double (top/bottom) laminate body, like you occasionally see here in a Tele flavor.

Back