ORCRiST

Check it out:

ab5GBAb_700b.jpg

Official website:

http://www.pickmaster.co.uk/buy-pickmaster

Discuss.

-ORC

I think it's a cool idea.

I might have got one but when I do use a pick instead of my fingers I tend to use 1.5 mm ones. It looks like this device is good up to 0.8 mm.

That is a pretty nifty little gadget. But most picks are so cheap that saving money wouldn't really be a reason to buy one, IMO. And for those of us who use hand finished, beveled edge picks - as I do (mostly Gravity 3mm Stealth or Sunrise models) - this won't do that. I do use a thinner pick for my acoustic though, and I guess some of those credit card picks might work for that, if I was using standard Nylon or Delrin or similar materials to what is used in those credit cards.

I saw this recently and thought it was a novel idea.  Kind of cool for a gift.  But picks are pretty cheap.  I have a small stock of picks I got many years ago, like in the mid 90s.  There was a local music store that had an aquarium full of picks with their name on them.  For $1, you could take what you could grab with one handful.  I managed to grab a massive handful.  So much so, that I still have plenty of picks 20 years later, lol.

I can't walk through the house, My in laws, or work, without finding a Dunlop 1 mm Classic black nylon someplace.... :laughing7:

Back