Amber finsh for T50

Tonar8352

T50 sent me this beautiful piece of swamp ash and he let me talk him into doing it with amber shellac
as the toner color and it turned out as beautiful as I imagined. It looks like 30 year old aged clear lacquer. Here's the before and after.
IMG_9111_zps4e11ac8f.jpg

IMG_9125_zps55a4945d.jpg

Well, that's certainly pretty.  Is he going conventional blackguard telecaster appointments on that puppy?

Bagman

Tonar

Thanks for posting the pics!
It is looking great. Hope it sounds as good as it looks.

I might go with blackguard look with it.... not sure 100%
at the moment. I'd love to hear some suggestions, though.

This one will have an all-maple neck.
I plan to put Rutters chopped bridge.

I like the Blackguard look if your going Rutters how about the reverse angled switch plate
& some chunky knurled knobs. What pups? Very nice finish there Boys. :icon_thumright:

As for the pickups, I plan to try Fralin/Callaham broadcaster pups...
most of the hardware and electronic parts will be from Callaham as well.

For the control plate, Rutters plate with angled switch slit would be cool.
I'll definitely reverse it so the switch goes to the rear.
Not sure about Rutters metal switch tip... too much money for what it is.

Not into tortoise guard at the moment. Thin semi-transparent tortoise (a la acoustic guard)
would be cool if I can find it.

Thanks, guys!

Tonar, the tele looks great!

I should contact the pick guardian if they would make
a pickguard for Warmoth version of telemaster.
I know they do for USACG telemaster, but it's a bit different
that Warmoth's.

Tony asked for a guard that I wanted matched so I order a cheap black one from Warmoth and then he used it as a template. He was great to work with.

Emailed Tony last night, but haven't heard back from him.

A lighter more transparent guard would be nice.

Everything looks :glasses9: great!
I love that pick guard! Where is that from???
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

Yeah, that's quite a piece, isn't it? Looks like candy. Kinda reminds me of the headstocks of the necks Tonar pays attention to. You almost wanna bite them, they look so good.

Altar said:
The El Dorado parts are so cool, I just wish I could justify the prices. Sexy pickguard!

A little off topic, but check out this Indonesian builder called iVee Guitars.

http://www.facebook.com/ivan.mulia#!/media/set/?set=a.1716701355844.2091247.1187540433&type=3

I think his parts are etched instead of engraved, but they do look pretty cool. Apparently Steve Vai received a set (with his likeness etched on) as a gift and was so impressed he ordered a whole bunch of them. No idea on price though.

Maybe one day I'll find a way to use some of his parts without the guitar looking completely over the top  :laughing7:

Back