Am I an awful Parent?

I think you ARE an awful parent...

for not taking him in the first place!  :icon_biggrin: :icon_thumright:

I hope to be a rock'n'roll dad, too. So far my son likes guitar playing, and some metal from time to time... but he's only 12weeks now...

Well, you have to start early...

this is him about 6 years ago:

JaidenCiarn4weeksolds004.jpg

first lesson:

guitars.jpg

that reminds me... I need to get started on my 12 week old daughter too!!!

DangerousR6 said:
At least it wasn't slipknot... :doh:. Although Corey Taylor is a great singer aside from slipknot crap..
At least it wasn't..... :icon_scratch:
You got something against slipknot?
13 year old music, I know.... Still, they've got talent. :headbang1:

Not awful at all. Like everyone says, he'll remember it forever. And the smoke and lights (and Eddie) are what makes concerts fun.

I'll go ahead and assume that your son is smart enough to know that Eddie's not real (just like... Satan) and that he's not at risk of harming himself or others (family or pets) just because of this music he was so wrongly exposed to.

But just for fun, next year say you're taking him to Iron Maiden's Kill Your In Laws tour.

But why doesn't he have his very own Warmoth build yet!?

I can just imagine the talk.

"Now, son, it's time for you to build a guitar. I hope that your mother and I have taught you well over the years, but now you must decide what sort of guitar you want to rock. We'll love you no matter how tasteless your guitar is, so long as it is not an SG. I hope you know that you can always come to me for advice, but only you can decide which capacitor brand sounds best. Now begins your lifelong journey of tone. It will not be an easy road with snobs and purists and the dogma of Fender lovers, but with the spirit of Zanger Rinus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGxd9_L7TfU) upon you, you shall find the truth. Let us now visit the Warmoth website, and celebrate with much rocking. Let us now partake of these fruit rollups and JuicyJuice, for soon your guitar shall be here."
:headbang1:

whitebison66 said:
But just for fun, next year say you're taking him to Iron Maiden's Kill Your In Laws tour.

Awesome, I would go see that!!! :)

and thanks all for making me feel better haha!! I will adopt you all!!

he is definitely interested in guitars but does not yet have the patience to learn (or maybe I do not have the patience to teach yet) I originally made the orange strat for him, but the burnt squier has been hanging in his room for a while now.. I bought an awful pointy 80s guitar recently which he loves too haha!!

Back