Aluminum strat pt.2

DangerousR6

Mythical Status
I built one of these several years back, but ended up selling it. Been regretting it ever since, so I've been on the hunt, and finally landed one. Very hard to come by, 400 or so strats were made and 100 tele's.This ones a little rough, needs a good polish.

51976402841_7a4646043d_b.jpg

rick2 said:
What’s the story behind the body?
Back in the 90's Fender commissioned a company called Spruce Hill to make some aluminum bodies for some special guitars. There was the Mustang series, the Harley Davidson, the Aloha and some that got painted. And there were some bodies that didn't get used and escaped into the wild, and from time to time they show up for sale.

This is the first one I built...
276263750_393760375494208_585886516841577030_n.jpg

That swimming pool route can't be good for tone! I only know this because Ed Roman once said so.

That's really something Doug! How did your first one compare to a wood strat?

Spud said:
That swimming pool route can't be good for tone! I only know this because Ed Roman once said so.
First off ER is dead and second the whole guitar is hollow so your point is moot.

Sadie-f said:
That's really something Doug! How did your first one compare to a wood strat?
Unplugged they are really bright, sounds similar to a thin acoustic. Through an amp doesn't sound much different than any other strat... :guitarplayer2:

DangerousR6 said:
Spud said:
First off ER is dead and second the whole guitar is hollow so your point is moot.

Still, the benefits of more "connective tissue" across the center of the body will always mildly radiate in the back round.
When will you be putting strap buttons on it?

Hey there are Five for sale on Reverb right now!

Spud said:
DangerousR6 said:
Spud said:

Still, the benefits of more "connective tissue" across the center of the body will always mildly radiate in the back round.
When will you be putting strap buttons on it?

I think you're imagining things.

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.

Back