Alder Body/ Goncalo Neck (Complete)(Updated Pics)

D

dwayneed

I took some better pictures and will add them to the post. I am generally a bit more practical but this guitar really is sexy, that's right guitars can be sexy!  :kewlpics:

One piece Alder body- tobacco burst
Lace Alumitone pickups
traditional strat wiring

Goncalo Alves Neck- Pro
SS6230 frets
Graphite nut
Schaller locking tuners

Only have initial setup done right now but it all just fell together, didn't have any issues save for one. The treble side trem post is pulling up from the body. Fixed 2/5/09.

Oh and did I mention, I love it!  :guitarplayer2:

shanejw said:
Looks great!  How do you like the Alumitones?

I like Alumitones alot, they are currently my favorite. Definitely modern tone, very neutral, you can squeeze some vintage tones out of them too if you have the right gear.

I wonder why I had to set my Wilkinson so high?  Those pics look like it's almost resting flat on the body, when I tried it I had to jack up my saddles to the ends of the adjustment and still had buzzing.

I'm totaly ok with the slightly floating set up I have though.

thumb55 said:
I wonder why I had to set my Wilkinson so high?  Those pics look like it's almost resting flat on the body, when I tried it I had to jack up my saddles to the ends of the adjustment and still had buzzing.

I'm totaly ok with the slightly floating set up I have though.

Mine is floating as well. Is your rout recessed? I could probably pull a full step and a half, why I ever would I don't know....... I am going to raise this one up a bit though, there's some contact with the pickguard. I think that's what caused the trem post to come up out of the body some.

no, mine isn't recessed either.  I had Warmoth install my posts and I haven't had any issues with them.

nice looking guitar by the way.

Are the Wilkinsons sold through Warmoth Gotoh's?

thumb55 said:
no, mine isn't recessed either.  I had Warmoth install my posts and I haven't had any issues with them.

nice looking guitar by the way.

Are the Wilkinsons sold through Warmoth Gotoh's?

The pics don't really show it but mine is recessed. Yeah, they are the licensed Wilkinson/Gotoh.

Very nice, the goncalo neck and tobacco burst on alder look amazing together.  Very cool

NonsenseTele said:
I just can't get on with the pickups, but this looks awesome!

Yeah I am sure Alumitones are not for everybody. Noise drives me insane, these have none. They are high resolution and higher output, just no special flavor... perfect for me. My only guitar I tolerate noise on is my Tele, the tone just plain overrides the noise.

think she looks beautiful. i am tempted to do something similar for my next build. kinda reminds me of a Suhr model a friend of mine has.

Back