*Added video* laid down some bass for a concept album...feedback?

Malta

First time posting a recording. Hoping to get some feedback on this track I laid down as a favor to my buddy who's working on a concept album...very Farenheit 451/Brave New World/1984-ish (hence the name Blackwhite). Simple keys, bass and drums with some soaring guitar wailing in there. It's a bit lengthy @ 8-1/2 minutes, it's rough and I'm not completely sold on how it's EQed, but it's his project not mine.

Blackwhite.mp3

thanks for the input!
-Joe

gotta say, i like the song! i couldn't hear much bass (through my laptop speakers) but i'll break out the real headphones later and repost here

EQ on the bass is fantastic, through my Skull Candy earbuds... they've got a great bass response so idk how it sounds in "real life" but my brain is rattling inside my skull.

Nice playing. Fits well. Song kinda reminds me of some Blue Oyster Cult (my latest band of the month).

Thanks for the feedback. I used my Warmoth chambered korina/bubinga jazz with Delano pups, clean for the first part, kicked on the Big Muff for the chorus and then threw in my Digitech Synth Bass Wah where it gets really nasty there at the end.

Here's a link to his myspace and here's a video he did for the song:

http://www.youtube.com/v/gA89H_zw2cg?fs=1&hl=en_US

Intro keys sound like Philip Glass. I can't say I really did the vocal. But, I am partial to long songs which take a while to develop, and I like the flow of this one. Guitar has some cool parts, and yeah the bass is thumping over here  :icon_thumright:

Back