Actually out of the box...

I'm with Verne. I'm sure I've seen an uglier body, but I can't remember when. I'll PM you my address, and we'll give it to the dog for a chew toy. Unless you have a dog?  :laughing7:

Just kidding. I think it looks fine. I would have preferred the darker version you showed before, but I wouldn't kick this one out of bed for eating crackers.

You know, it may not be as striking as the mock-up you did but after looking at both for a couple of times, I think I like it the way it came. The brighter colors of the other one in time would get tiring to look at while this is more subtle and would stay interesting. Put some shiny-as-hell hardware on it and it'll be amazing.

Verne Bunsen said:
You're absolutely right, I think you should get rid of it ASAP. I'll PM you my address....
:icon_biggrin:
Cagey said:
I'm with Verne. I'm sure I've seen an uglier body, but I can't remember when. I'll PM you my address, and we'll give it to the dog for a chew toy. Unless you have a dog?  :laughing7:
Money, (and ugly guitars), are the root of all evil. Deposit them here! Check your email for the correct address.....  :icon_jokercolor:

I like it.  I think maybe the effect of the quilt affects the way you see the shading of the colors.  It's just a bit closer to the surface (of the water)! 

Cagey said:

Just kidding. I think it looks fine. I would have preferred the darker version you showed before, but I wouldn't kick this one out of bed for eating crackers.

I'm about in the same place.

I would have preferred to have some of that heavy deep blue around the perimeter - fading to that medium - fading to the transparent. But, this will be fine.

Yes - have two dogs.  :icon_biggrin:

Here is the neck on the body...
cqToiQPTm9iLcBOdgurvhNGOqU4XmhhHL57mX0wZfi6urK_SBhGlfQFxj8R5FZjdaz782WAl03zXLou0f9yARLmssl3nitUH4trhtMFGDeAzqzeBtaFBRYx_yFouhLVWPcruy7L-qgX9h0mhLkkZlkVqgC7r5eDD8jFYOXNy9ZRp2mFif1Bf66G5ddUalgGMxHfDOU_Dkoqzi5NFwJw9q1sQKg98vfpjkD32qXLRhN4D0MR30eTMF-fTl6mFos19JEGXZ5FWK5mzHpvR4nVjGHs0PP8UIP8_GiMTsslKcEiTIXD4WVA9ReJDvST0uxijt8hVmSvDTdCvqHaW3BDq_lLQQnpr7G_q_RlrI-9W72lBLPGIKKN5HaIzaAuMaWMTaYCwTG-62pS0XK8ndoTsruUGqM-lWN-Qh0D_pnE6huAWet9M0cReuYHf6P26EE5lYOmgRUC7l0Gb0Ue2_8BWK87VLv72MXl7N7h4HIdCbutMR5C2jHwV5rZgVxpzLC62mo_LC7AnyyfElRW5SrqwQgcWgAnqkS0lrH6bQRsFrEMVcyusDJw8mbc4Y2f3poi6nWRZKKHnshcCABb3yiKtYpReFUyvbEl8gQOJ7TNQuhp46jrAH-c2SgXU=w466-h855-no

Paul_in_KC said:
...I'm sure some folks would probably prefer this to the mock-up, but I was expecting more of a burst with the heavy dark edge. Which would make it look more like the Manhattan Midnight Blue finish from Gibson.

What do you guys think?

-Paul

Οnly once I bought an unfinished showcase body, it was a tele and I asked for no burst at all. I got what I wanted. Usually the less burst the better for me but it will be your guitar so decide what you'll do with it.

I love it. Absolutely gorgeus.
And as Steve said, colors differ from the different photos and the picture you posted of the actual body first is completely different from the last picture of it that you posted.
I'm enthralled of the patterns in the grain. I see a cross in there and started to think of Ronnie James Dio ... You are going to rock out on it, yes?

stratamania said:
I think it looks great, the mock up seemed a little too bright.

Yeah, I could agree with that. Still would have liked some really deep blue on the edge fading to the medium blue that is on the edge, fading to the transparent that's in the middle.

But I am liking it much more this morning.

-Paul

The real thing also has the advantage of just that - being the real thing. Something you can bolt parts onto and make into a guitar.

But I really want to to know is, who's this guy?

UZuPT8U.jpg

Fat Pete said:
The real thing also has the advantage of just that - being the real thing. Something you can bolt parts onto and make into a guitar.

UZuPT8U.jpg

:icon_biggrin: Well, now that you plant that seed - I can see several different faces in that section. Don't know any of them (yet).  :)

-Paul

Fat Pete said:

UZuPT8U.jpg

This dude?

latest

Back