Accidentally bought 2 Boss DS-1 pedals

if you messed up a PCB line, you can repair that, if it's a resistor, those can be replaced too.
tricky bit might be determining the "where"

Really, you don't.  What you do is make a jumper that goes from the solder of the component on the one side of the scratch, to the component on the other side.  You will find, depending on the quality of the board, that the copper will delaminate from the epoxy board at times.  This is the only real solution.  You just need some 22 gauge wire, and a steady hand, and off you go.  Not the prettiest, but oh well, it works.
Patrick

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for those pedals?

hannaugh said:
Okay so I wanted to get a decent but cheap distortion pedal because all I have right now are fuzz pedals, so I went on fleabay and bid on two Boss DS-1 pedals, not expecting to win either... and won them both.  So now I'm trying to decide if I want to sell one or keep them both and mod one.  They were really really cheap (one is new, the other is slightly used), so I don't really feel like I HAVE to sell one in order to afford food, but I will if I find I don't really have a use for 2 of them.  Any ideas?

Damn!  Had I read this a week ago, I would've lifted one off your hands.  My DeltaLab "MT1," I think it's called (Metal pedal), sh*t the bed, and I returned it, then just paid the extra $10 on an exchange) for a DS-1.  :sad1:

I'm with you on the idea of spending $80 for a pedal.  I'm just not "feelin'" it.  While the DS-1 isn't groundbreaking, it's decent for a $39.99 pedal.  I'd much rather have a Boss "Metal Zone," though, but that's a $90-$100 pedal.  :sad1:

Back