AAA east indian rosewood

plopez2389

I was looking at some of the fender custom shop strats and the fretboard wood they are using for some of those looks amazing. its listed at AAA east indian rosewood.

How close is this wood to warmoths dark east indian rosewood. (to my eye, the aaa rosewood looks almost ebony like)

does warmoth happen to have stock of this wood or any other company?

unfortunately fender does not build these necks to sell ....gotta buy a custom shop strat for it and....a bit too pricy for me

The best option would be to look in the neck builder at unique choice options for fingerboards. You will pay extra but would be able to pick from what is currently on offer.

Does AAA just mean really dark? Thats a interesting way of saying it.  my stool is dark but the doctor keeps tellin' me that's bad (not trying to be gross, it's a medical thing)

From what i seen, The Beeg (fun way of typing big, try it) W's dark rw is pretty dark. But if you want dark like Ebony, idk, just get ebony

Warmoth offers "Dark" Indian Rosewood fretboards, which is the nicest stuff we have. I think "AAA" is just shorthand for saying "the really nice" stuff. There is no official grading system.

Back