A St. Vincent body shape

SloppyJimbo81

I don't know how close they can copy the shape, but something close to an Ernie Ball Music Man St. Vincent would be awesome.

Otherwise, I might get an Iceman and cut off the lower horn.

I think a St Vincent shape would be a real hard no-go. The folks at Music Man aggressively defend their copyrights.

Indeed - the 4x2 headstock and the former "VW" model (based on the Eddie Van Halen signature model that became the Axis when EVH's endorsement deal ran out) were stamped out with extreme prejudice what, 12 or 13 years ago?

Isn't the Warmoth Velocity body basically the EBMM Axis body?

Perhaps Warmoth can make a St. Vincent body just different enough to not get sued.

If you poke around for a bit, our moderator, The Aaron, has explained in many places that the primary hurdle to adopting a new product or feature is whether the time spent programming CNC's, testing, debugging, etc., will be covered by the foreseeable demand for the new product or feature.  The St. Vincent body, while very cool, is also not likely to be a massive seller for folks in the parts market, who, by and large, are mostly interested in reproducing classics.  The SV is kind of a polarizing design for folks who think Jazzmasters are a little too new-fangled.

You could also get a routed body blank and cut out a similar shape yourself.

https://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Bodies/BodyBlank.aspx

Yep.  Once it's done if you get enough folks interested in it the W might consider it.

I was thinking of going that route, but I can't find any templates online and I'm not ready to "borrow" one to take measurements...yet.

It's a polarizing design, but it is the first new body style in the last 40+ years that I really like.

I drew up the design for someone a while back. I can't promise accuracy to the millimetre, but close enough for a 'tribute'. You're welcome to the pdf if you want it.

Fat Pete said:
I drew up the design for someone a while back. I can't promise accuracy to the millimetre, but close enough for a 'tribute'. You're welcome to the pdf if you want it.

This is why I keep hanging around here after all these years.  Generosity and creativity combined.  Nice one, Pete.

Or you could follow the evolution of the shape. Order an explorer (Nomad), notch out the dead weight in the butt to make it a star/Carvin V220. Then lop the horns off - voila. st Vincent.

Bagman67 said:
Indeed - the 4x2 headstock and the former "VW" model (based on the Eddie Van Halen signature model that became the Axis when EVH's endorsement deal ran out) were stamped out with extreme prejudice what, 12 or 13 years ago?

Wacky fact of the day: The EVH model was actually going to be called the Axis before Eddie got on board with EBMM. He liked it and they changed it to his sig.

Back