a sort of showcase with pics for high grade raw woods

lucB18e

Hi

Perhaps stupid or too time-consuming :  a sort of showcase with pics for high grade woods.
a sort of extension of the hand-pick option for those who have special looking needs ?

Good suggestion. We're working on that as a matter of fact.  :icon_thumright:

Gregg Stewart said:

If you want, I can be a beta-tester for the ziricote fretboard high grade section    :laughing8:

cool idea! I'll be looking at this one a lot  :icon_biggrin:

lucB18e said:
Gregg Stewart said:

If you want, I can be a beta-tester for the ziricote fretboard high grade section     :laughing8:
What are looking for in a Ziricote board? Lots of spider stripes?

Gregg Stewart said:
lucB18e said:
Gregg Stewart said:

If you want, I can be a beta-tester for the ziricote fretboard high grade section     :laughing8:

Yes I'd love irregular spider stripes all over the board. 

lucB18e said:
Gregg Stewart said:
lucB18e said:
Gregg Stewart said:

Yes I'd love irregular spider stripes all over the board. 

+$65 on top of the standard Ziricote fingerboarded neck price and we can go find it for you. Who did you talk to at Warmoth about it?

+$65 on top of the standard Ziricote fingerboarded neck price and we can go find it for you. Who did you talk to at Warmoth about it?

Gregg:
To do this service as a guitar top is the same price?

NonsenseTele said:

Gregg:
To do this service as a guitar top is the same price?
It depends on the wood type, thickness and size needed to do the job.

Gregg Stewart said:

Marvellous  :hello2:  :icon_thumright:  :hello2:
I send the order form today..
I talked to nobody at WARMOTH cause I'm not confortable with speaking with US people over the phone....too fast for me.
I exchanged 1 email with sales@warmoth.com.

lucB18e said:
Gregg Stewart said:

Marvellous  :hello2:  :icon_thumright:   :hello2:
I send the order form today..
I talked to nobody at WARMOTH cause I'm not confortable with speaking with US people over the phone....too fast for me.
I exchanged 1 email with sales@warmoth.com.

Very good. We'll watch for your order and you'll get an email confirmation back to you when we get it started. Thanks!

i think this is a great idea it would give you a pretty good idea of what your custom ordered body/neck would look like id love it

Hey, speaking of wood, Greg maybe you can answer this. I notice all sorts of fancy and non fancy wood used in guitars.

Theres one wood out there I never see mentioned in any guitar website. Oak, why is oak not used in guitar making? do the baseball bat companies have it all?\

Oak can be finnished nicely. is it not a good tonal wood or what?

Oak and block board ???  and Mahogany veneer............ Semi hollow........it sounds like it would be a piece of crap but the tone is amazing on the records.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Special

http://www.brianmayguitars.co.uk/

Stuck in the Sixties said:
lucB18e that's a great suggestion  :hello2:. Please post pictures of the neck when it arrives. :rock-on:

My body and neck are ordered. I have to wait some weeks.
Of course, I post pics asap.... :icon_biggrin:

Back