A second pair of eyes please.

Space_cowboy

I drew this for my latest project. I'm using a P90 in the neck and middle position and a hot Tele bridge. I'll be using 500k pots and a .01 tone cap. The wiring is for series/parallel switching and switching the middle pickup out of phase. All three pickups have metal base plates I am planning on grounding at the bridge. I'd appreciate a critique. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• wiring diagram.pdf
    345.3 KB · Views: 129
Dimarzio, Seymour Duncan, Guitar Electronics etc. all have multiple versions of free wiring diagrams on their websites. 

Just wanted to confirm that the wiring scheme does work. I've three combinations of series and parallel and out of phase switching as well.  :headbang5

The diagram looks workable including the phase switch for the middle pickup but the second switch and associated wiring to and from it I was unable to decipher what it is trying to do or whether therefore it would work.

As I said I do not see is what the other switch is supposed to do. You mention series/parallel but what are you intending to be series/parallel with each other and in what position of the 5 way switch?

Sorry. I suppose that would have been helpful. With the push pull active the first two positions are neck only. Third position is middle and neck in series. Fourth is bridge and middle in parallel with neck in series. Fifth is neck and bridge in series.

I like the out of phase sound, especially when it's in series.  It's bit anemic in para.  While this diagram doesn't have it, it gets into the para / serial territory.  I use a mini humbucker in the neck, dimarzio something, sounds great.  But honestly I don't use the third combination.  Too many options, that's why I like the Freeway switches, 6 or 10 options and easy to get too without thinking.

Attachments

• 9-way2.png
    9-way2.png
    345.7 KB · Views: 159
I got it worked up and it works. I did have a minor issue when I forgot to separate the back plate from the ground and add a separate lead to the Tele bridge pickup.

Back