A quick one now he's away

Fat Pete

As I'm in the middle of a long and involved project, what better time to do another (simpler) build?

Body and neck straight out of the showcase - ordered just before they anounced the sale  :doh:

Almost all of the parts are on hand so hoping to get this one put together pretty quickly.

ic1.jpg

ic2.jpg

ic3.jpg

ic4.jpg

ic5.jpg

ic6.jpg

ic7.jpg

ic8.jpg

ic9.jpg

ic10.jpg

I am a fan of orange and that tangerine is stunning. Great selections Pete! I have been thinking about a bass. Looks fun.

Thanks for the comments all. No build thread for this one as it's all very straightforward stuff - just lots of little holes to drill (16x machine head screws! Whose idea was that?! Twisted the heads off every one. :doh: Just kidding, all went ok). It's together now; just need to do the wiring. Then it'll be off to the tech for decal application and set-up.

Couple of niggles during the build which I'll mention just in case they're useful to anybody:

The screws supplied with the Gotoh 201 bridge didn't fit through the mounting holes. No big deal, just a few minutes with a round needle file.

More surprisingly, using the type shown below, the upper corner of the 'G' tuner mounting plate would have been visible from the front - and not just a fractionally - probably a 'rounded triangle' about 1/4" x 1/8". I guess these are the largest tuner option but I wouldn't have expected this. Got some Grovers with smaller plates.

thumbnail.asp

ihnpts said:
Neat!  The pickguard covering almost makes it look like sparkly black, which would really go well with the metallic orange.
Thanks for giving me pause for thought there ihnpts, but one sparkly element is enough for me (I think...) sticking with the plain black gloss pickguard.

Back