A nice piece of Flame Maple

Tonar8352

I'm doing a Lester for veemoth and I wanted to share this beautiful piece of wood with you all.
IMG_9326_zps7f83cd00.jpg

Wow - what a surprise getting home from a hot, hard day's slog to find this little gem.

To Tonar, this is looking ...  just .... wow!!!! :toothy11:  Just keep doing what you are doing! 

Looking fantastic  :headbang:

Hope it gets sent to the wrong address downunder : ie my place  :icon_biggrin:

Yum Yum Yum  :toothy10:

Are the precision kits really using full-thickness flame maple, or is that a really nice veneer on top of ordinary grain lumber?

In any case, as always, Tonar, every photo out of your workshop is a gift.

Bagman67 said:
Are the precision kits really using full-thickness flame maple, or is that a really nice veneer on top of ordinary grain lumber?

In any case, as always, Tonar, every photo out of your workshop is a gift.

Yes

I have a Tonar finished Precision LP Jr.  Just between you and me, it's a very very nice guitar.

I think this one will end up being a very very nice guitar as well.  Just keep quiet around Gibson executives.... :)

Happy burst day. I have not finished scraping the binding and it only has one dry coat of clear but it looks great!
IMG_9364_zps70ee424c.jpg

Tonar...I must say I have never been a fan of the teardrop burst, but you are a Jedi Master

That is one beautiful piece of lumber!  :glasses9:  Great work as always Tonar. 
:rock-on:

Back