A Koa tele

That guitar i outstanding, great job!  And very nice clips too.  :icon_thumright:

J. said:
Kostas, the body was routed for standard tele bridge for the Showcase. I really didn't want to hide any of that wood so I had the luthier (who put the guitar together) cut everything unnecessary off the bridge. It's a Gotoh tele bridge, ordered it from W at the same time as the body. Yeah, I took the parts to a luthier, I'm more a player than a builder.  :icon_smile:  I did oil the neck, though, and if you look it up close it looks a lot crappier that the rest of the guitar..

Thanks for your reply. I have planned to do the same as I have a tele body with an amazing top and I want to hide as less as possible. Now I know it's possible... :icon_thumright:

My wife likes this guitar.  And she usually sighs and rolls her eyes when I say "Honey, look at this one!"

That's probably my favorite Koa-topped guitar, probably because it's not finished in gloss (let me shake your hand) and, of course, the wood is unbelievable.

Nice job and nice playing.

Awesome. I prefer T's with pickguard but this wood it's gorgeous. Simply and elegant, nice choice

J. said:
Thanks for the comments, all of you!  :glasses10:

Doc, I went to my local DiMarzio dealer and told them I need more chunk in the bridge, they picked up Super Distortion T and Tone Zone T and told me to choose. After some discussion I decided to go with the Super as they told me it would be a slighty more midrangey than TZ, which is supposed to have more bottom end. I thought SD would fit well with the neck pu.

I think the Super D-T will be a great choice.

I like this tele because any other one that is fender made is the same as the next one. This tele stands out nicely

DocNrock said:
I had to come back and look at this one again.  This has to be one of my most favorite Warmoths, ever.
Imma have to agree with ya on this one Doc, that's one badass tele. I'm not usually one for the tele headstock vibe, but this one is just kickin'... :guitarplayer2:

And nice chops J.

Hi again...

Logged in to post a new clip, a short one... Koa tele has the DiMarzio Super Distortion T in the bridge slot, neck pu is still Virtual Vintage tele neck. Here's rest of the gear used: Orange Tiny Terror head, Bogner 1x12" Cube (V30 speaker), Fulltone GT-500 Booster/OD/Distortion, ye olde Shure SM57 (Unidyne III), Pro Tools LE (Mbox classic). Cables George L, red Dunlop Jazz III picks. No effects or processing of any kind added afterwards, just SM57 pointed between e and r on the Bogner and rec pressed. TT is on 7 watts, vol open just a hair  (you can hear some pick attacks in the background if you listen carefully), tone at little less than 12 o'clock, gain at 1 o'clock.

During the clip sound changes: neck pu/booster od -> bridge pu/distortion -> neck pu/distortion -> bridge pu/distortion.

This is pretty close to the sound I'm mostly getting out of the koa tele at the moment. I'll try to record some single note lines with a little MXR analog delay added at some point.

Nice work!
Great choice of wood.
I'm sure you like it lots...

for my personal tastes (so don't take it personal):
hate Dimarzios pups
don't like the bridge
where's the tone control? Gotta have one with my style of playing...

Back