A first time builders Half-Warmoth

Nick Ellingworth

Right since I've finally got around to remembering to take some decent pictures and managed to get some clips recorded I thought I might as well finally write a post about my half-warmoth strat here.

As the title suggests this was my first proper build after a few upgrades to guitars over the years. So here's the specs:

Body:
Swamp Ash strat style body originally made for Roye Albrighton of Nektar by former Stew-Mac employee Tom Hirst
Vintage tint finish by Tom although he calls it a "blonde." :-\
Top routed for 3 single coils
Wilkinson Trem rout

Neck:
Warmoth Pro Strat style
Standard Thin contour
Pau Ferro back with Pau Ferro fretboard
mother of pearl fret indicators
SS6105 Frets
Graphite nut
Gotoh tuners
can't remember nut width  :doh:

Bridge:
Wilkinson VS50

Electrics:
Fender Tex Mex pickups
5 way switch
1 Volume control
2 Tone controls

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Sorry about the brightness of the second pic I did the best I could with my awful camera and irfanview.

I've got got 3 soundclips for your "pleasure,"  that I'll attach later (I've been trying to post this thread and every attempt with attachments has failed) or simply add to my myspace page/offer for download in other ways. The first is an idea I've been working on for a couple of days as the title suggests the effects I'm using are delay and chorus, the delay is provided by a Boss DD-3 and the chorus is my amps on board DSP one as I can't get what I need from my Danelectro Coolcat. the second is somewhat heavier powerchord thing still with the delay but I've got rid of the chorus and added my Line 6 Uber Metal in insane mode to the mix. The final recording is an ebow piece with delay added for good measure.

As you can no doubt tell I like delay effects, they hide my crap playing. ;)

EDIT: ok tried to post a reply with a single attachment that's a no go, I'll upload them to a file server and post download links.

EDIT2: here's the links:

Delaychorus idea
Dist
Ebow

I really like this one!
I just love the looks of dark exotic woods with an amber-ish colored body!

Thanks chaps, nice to know that someone other than myself likes the guitar, to be honest when I first put it together I wasn't all that thrilled with the look but it's grown on me.

Honestly, the guitar doesn't do much for me, but I do like how clean it all looks as a whole.

It sounds fantastic though, I really like the first and third clips.  :icon_thumright:

Back