72 P-Bass

Mr. Dude

Built this in October, but with a temp mighty mite neck. Finally ordered my birdseye maple neck with black block inlays and black binding (I was building in the neck builder and turned out they had a showcase!) So in an 8-10 week eternity Ill get my neck fretted, nutted, and satin finished. Body is swamp ass uh ash satin finished. Seymour Duncan spb2 pickups matte pickgaurd (nothing shiny). Why yes, that is a whammy bar- hipshot freakin sweet.

Attachments

• b2 (2).jpg
    b2 (2).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 94
  • b2 (1).jpg
    b2 (1).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 79
Very nice  :eek:
What do you think of the hipshot by the way?
been thinking of doing a build with one on but haven't seen many here use it.

:headbang:  That's incredible . . . nice bass!  Honestly, a whammy bar??!!  ???  I'd love to see a photo of the springs in back.  Are they huge?  BY the way, nice choice on the bound maple neck . . . sweeeeeet!

The trem is pretty cool, its real smooth just like on a guitar. Havent had any tuning issues yet, but its resting on the body so you can only go down (growling dive bombs). Ill eventually try floating it. The springs are exactly the same as what youd find in a guitar but I got all 5 on instead of 3. Thanks!

I want to see video of this thing! specifically, the tremolo in action. a few full dive bombs, and return to normal position with a chord using all 4 strings to hear how much it stays in tune, and such. the idea of doing this has been in the back of my mind for a while.

All right....Ive never done you tube, but I have a video camera, so give me a couple days and ill see what I can do...

Very awesomely beautiful bass, love it. It's not a Floyd but a bass with a trem is sweet.... :headbang:

Well here it is I think?  Camera sound quality sucks. Gotta be in the room to get the feel, but I think this will do for now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGYSvKY4qIk

Back