7 string questions

D

DanDeTora

Howdy,

A few months ago on the old message board I had asked some questions regarding the 7CT body. Namely, I wanted a dyed top w/ natural mask binding, but was told the perimeter on the edge wasn't large enough to facilitate the natural mask. Out of curiousity, what are the dimensions on the edge of the carvetop? Does anyone have any pics of a freshly cut 7CT to share? More than likely my build will be a Mahogany back and top that I'll attempt to 'ebonize' (see my other thread in the DIY Finishing section), but I'm still toying with the idea of a black dyed maple top w/ natural mask edge.

The pre-cut nut and installation option for the Super 7 neck only lists White Corian, but can Warmoth also do a Graphite install? I realize, like all other necks, there's a small upcharge. I'm cool with that, but I'm planning on getting a Maple fretboard w/ black hardware... I'd like the nut to match the color scheme. Is this an oversite on the web page or is there a legit reason? Just curious.

Also, can you get standard dot inlays on the Super 7 neck (as shown on the Paddle Head 7)? The block inlay is unique, but not my style. If push comes to shove I'll opt for no inlays, but a maple fretboard w/o inlays looks sorta... well, lets just say 'different'.

One last thing... can I get the PRS control route on a 7CT? My guess is no, but it can't hurt to ask!

Thanks a bunch,
Dan

Back