7/8 Stratocaster "Mark II" Roasted Maple/ Alder

NLD09

I'm not really a multiple guitar kind of guy. I have a couple guitars that I tend to rely on, a main and a backup. Everything else usually ends up getting torn apart/rebuilt/destroyed in a mad scientist kind of way. So when I started having trouble with my main guitar due to a few years of constant modification in pursuit of who knows what, I decided to gut it, start over, and build the end all be all of guitars in my mind.

It's a near replica of the old one (with many of the same parts) only this time in miniature. I present "Mark II"

KvoqAAb.jpg

IFHXGzA.jpg

iw41iDP.jpg

Specs:
Body- 7/8th size, Solid Alder, Swimming Pool Route, Floyd w/ Angled Pocket, Extra Light at 3lbs 1oz.

Neck- Right Hand Reverse Warhead, SRV carve, Roasted Maple, Sperzel Trim-Lok Tuners, 1 11/16 nut width, Stainless Steel Jumbo Frets.

Pickups- All Dimarzios. Pro Track (neck), Virtual Vintage 54 Pro (Middle), AT-1 (Bridge). Single volume knob, no wiring tricks.

And here's my first video with it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYzyxDgGA2s

That's pink, with a gold Floyd, I like it.

Great video, haven't heard any Jeff Healey for sometime. Well done.

How do you find the 7/8 compared to a normal Strat size and scale length ?

stratamania said:
That's pink, with a gold Floyd, I like it.

Great video, haven't heard any Jeff Healey for sometime. Well done.

How do you find the 7/8 compared to a normal Strat size and scale length ?

Thanks!

It took almost no time at all to get used to the scale length. There were a few "stretchy" riffs that I would over-shoot for the first couple days, but now I'm used to it. I've started using a Les Paul copy as my back-up guitar though, just to avoid having to switch scale lengths during a show.

The size thing is a non-issue. Looking at it I can tell that it's smaller sitting in it's stand than the old one was, but it feels no different.

What's strange to me is that I transplanted everything over from the old guitar, yet somehow, despite the shorter scale length, this guitar sounds way brighter and significantly more "strat-y" than the actual strat the parts came from.

Thanks for the feedback.

I perhaps may try a 7/8 one of these days, they look a lot of fun.

Good stuff, man.  I like it.  Then again, I'm a fan of anything with a Floyd.  :icon_thumright:

:rock-on:

Ha nice Pink floyd  :laughing7: Sweet vid too. How you like that SRV neck. I just got one and I am really diggin it.

Surf n Music said:
Ha nice Pink floyd  :laughing7: Sweet vid too. How you like that SRV neck. I just got one and I am really diggin it.

I love it. I've always played the low string with my thumb and the thick asymmetrical carve works perfectly for me.

That's really nice. The thing that makes it for me is the skull-flower at the south end. Really cool.

Back