7/8 s style

Jagwear

Does anyone know if my warmoth 24" scale Jaguar neck will fit and intonate on a 7/8 S style body? I tried the Warmoth web site but it kept freezing up. I love the neck specs but my mexican made Jaguar body is an absolute boat anchor and I can't find an option for a chambered body on the site. Any help would be greatly appraciated!

Yes, the Mustang neck is compatible with the 7/8 S and 7/8 T bodies.
I have two 7/8 S and one 7/8 T paired with Mustang necks and they intonate perfectly.

8ca.jpg_m.jpg

93c.jpg_m.jpg

a32.jpg_m.jpg

Thanks much for the quik answer, You rock! Cool guitars too, looks like roasted maple necks?

Correct, they're roasted maple.
The pictures are not up to date though.
The 7/8 Tele had originally a bloodwood neck with ebony fingerboard. But since the Tele is chambered and bloodwood is very heavy I had problems with major neck dive.
So I took the roasted maple neck from the red 7/8 Strat and swapped necks.
So while the bloodwood neck is heavy, the strat body - now equipped with the bloodwood neck - doesn't have that neck dive issue because of it's geometry.
And the original problem with neck dive on the tele is negligible now, with the much lighter roasted maple neck and with a (vegan) leather strap that's a little rough and sticks to my shoulder.

Here are the two necks:

c63.jpg_m.jpg

This is an old short clip of me noodling on the 7/8 Tele with the 24" Mustang roasted maple neck ...

Last edited:
For some reason I thought the 7/8 builder stated that it had to be a 7/8 neck when I bought mine. 
I would have bought the Mustang neck if I knew it would have worked.  Still love the guitar though, aside from the headstock.

garytlove said:
For some reason I thought the 7/8 builder stated that it had to be a 7/8 neck when I bought mine. 
I would have bought the Mustang neck if I knew it would have worked.  Still love the guitar though, aside from the headstock.

It does state that indeed and there is a similar statement for Mustang necks. Both will not work with standard 25.5 scale bodies and necks. You could always get a Mustang neck down the road and put it on a 7/8 body.

Back