6000 posts!

bagman67

Epic Member
This is my 6000th post.

6000jc11.jpg

Well, that's weird.  It said 5999, and I posted this - and then it didn't roll over.  So this is either my REAL 6000th post, or it's 6001.  Either way, it's good to be here among fellow enthusiasts.

And it's quite nice for your fellow enthusiasts to have such prolific contributors around. Thanks, and congrats on 6000 (+/-1)!

Congratulations Brother! I noticed your 5999 total yesterday, and thought about how much time you must have invested helping other builders. Thank you.

:yourock:

Congrats!

Of 11k+ members, only 7 of us have the distinction of having 6000+ posts. Which is a fancy way of saying that most people don't spend much time talking about guitars on the internet.  :blob7:

I don't know... there are a helluva lotta guitar forums/message boards out there. But, I suspect you're right in that relative to the total number of guitar owners or wannabes, all the members of all sites combined would only be a very small fraction of the total.

Another thing to consider, though, is that the readership is dramatically larger than than the membership groups, which are larger than the participatory groups. Typically, it's about 10:1, although that's not a rule. Still, what that would seem to indicate is there are plenty of people who either can't or won't write or don't want to repeat what's already been said.

I still get surprised more often than you'd think these days at how many players don't even know places like this exist. Don't even subscribe to magazines. Talk about sheltered lives. I had a guy show up to buy a guitar a couple years ago who kept coming back to the tuners on the instrument. He'd never seen locking tuners before, and had to be shown how they work. Said "What an excellent idea! They should've done that a long time ago!" Well, "they" did. But, it was only 12-15 years ago, which I guess in the grand scheme of things isn't that long.

:hello2: :headbang4: :headbanging: :yourock:

An old forum I was on, an R6 forum I had near 30k before it shut down....I think the most on that forum was over 50k... :doh:

Not wanting to leave anyone out:

From my heart...........

To all sharers of information and insight,

The over 6000 post club: Kevin, Doug, STDC, Fernando, Max, Line6man, and Bagman67,

The over 5000 post club: Jack the Hack, Mayfly, =CB=, and Marko,

And everyone else, whether you share once, or thousands of times,

THANK YOU!

I've been playing, buying, working on, and just generally enjoying guitars for over 50 years, and I learn something every time I read your posts.

BigSteve22 said:

From my heart...........

The over 6000 post club: Kevin, Doug, STDC, Fernando, Max, Line6man, and Bagman67,

THANK YOU!

I've been playing, buying, working on, and just generally enjoying guitars for over 50 years, and I learn something every time I read your posts.
:icon_thumright:

BigSteve22 said:

From my heart...........

THANK YOU!

Well said!

Seriously, to echo the thanks that have already been mentioned, one thing that I respect about all of the "high posters" is that those guys have achieved that with real posts.  You see very few meaningless "plus 1" type posts on this forum. 

Back