6 hole trems

Stratomania, I meant I was hoping to find opinions here, from actual users of the different options, rather than just reading marketing material or seeing a youtuber promote something.

Thanks everyone, I will be looking into the suggestions.

Stratomania, I meant I was hoping to find opinions here, from actual users of the different options, rather than just reading marketing material or seeing a youtuber promote something.

Thanks everyone, I will be looking into the suggestions.

Thanks for clarifying.

Though some of the suggestions I provided I do currently use or have in the past. The others I suggested I know to be quality options, any of which I would be happy to use. Opinions tend to be subjective, so what one may think is the best thing, another may not.

Let us know what you decide on in the end.

from now on I want everyone to use block stainless saddles, unless I specify other.

I can’t do those bent saddles, the grub screws chew into my hand, much prefer the flat smooth surface of the PRS type of saddles.

That's exactly the problem that the Highwood saddles were designed to fix.

4_0cd2dc80-5c74-4ec6-a7b6-8834f8606002_700x700.png

For me, it's the feel of the bent ones that I don't care for. The screws just make it all the more unenjoyable for me to rest my hand there. I guess I've been playing Floyds for 40+ years that I'm used to what I'm used to.

I will update with the choices as I progress, and I'll put a thread in the build in progress forum as well. I still have a lot more parts to get :)

You could always make like the guy in your profile picture and drill the Floyd mount holes next to the 6 screw ones.

I think some have lost sight that part of the issue is a 1 7/32 mounting holes and the desire for 1 1/16 saddles. None of the suggestions other than Callaham address this. Is there a choice other than that?

I think some have lost sight that part of the issue is a 1 7/32 mounting holes and the desire for 1 1/16 saddles. None of the suggestions other than Callaham address this. Is there a choice other than that?

@TBurst Std I think you meant 6 screw 2 7/32" mounting spacing with 2 1/16" string spacing, which the Callaham does indeed address.

But for the OP @Dcguitar in case it needs clarification, 6 screw 2 7/32" mounting spacing is what is needed. Then research of the options is needed with regard to string spacing etc of what you want to go for.

The FR rail tail narrow which I suggested also will mount on vintage mounting but with narrow spacing.

Fender also makes a vintage/narrow (though possibly not what the OP is looking for unless the saddles were swapped for the Highwoods)

i dunno if anyone has mentioned them but the Highwood saddles are vintage looking but modern comfort. i can vouch for their goodliness on this build:

that's a joke i ofc see everyone elses post recommending them lmao. but seriously i played the heck out of that guitar. litterally, i played it until there was no heck left in it. then i locked it in a pitch black room with a boombox (something we had before bluetooth speakers and superphones) with the band Satan's classic album Court in the Act (1983) on loop for a week to let its heck refill.

Back