'54 P Bass?

skydigger

It's kinda hard to tell from the Warmoth site...

I'm interested in a '54 P Bass body (rear routed), with split-coil P p\up and a pickguard.

Will a regular P pickguard fit on a '54 or do I need to make my own design? 

thanks.

I don't understand what you mean. Why would you want a rear routed body and put a pickguard on it? From what you say I think you are after a regular p bass without the body contours. :dontknow:

I want a rear rout because I'm using active electronics.

I want a pickguard because I'm putting solid paint on (likely) an ash body AND I like pickguards.

The '54 on the Warmoth site has a pickguard, I guess the regular P pickguard won't fit.

I had this conversation with one of the Warmoth reps about a year ago. They brought out a '51, '51, and a regular P body and set a standard P pickguard on each to see how they fit on the body.

I'll have to dig for the e-mail exchange on this, as I don't remember for certainty the nuances right now

all the best,

R

I just laid a spare regular pickguard on my lefty '54. As far as I can tell without disassembling the whole thing it should work fine. Both my Warmoth P bass bodies, a regular and a contoured '54 style, appear identical apart from the routing. Hope this helps..... :icon_thumright:

willyk said:
I just laid a spare regular pickguard on my lefty '54. As far as I can tell without disassembling the whole thing it should work fine. Both my Warmoth P bass bodies, a regular and a contoured '54 style, appear identical apart from the routing. Hope this helps..... :icon_thumright:

Right on.  Thanks.

Back