32" Warhead

fretless

just arrived , this makes 3  :icon_biggrin: the price in the showcase was to good to pass on , hmm now what to do..

BN4607A.jpg

Some nice figured Maple , Rosewood board and ss 6230's  :glasses9:
IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

welp I kinda cheated it's not totally out of the box well since Friday when it arrived  :icon_jokercolor:, I already finished it with Minwax wipe on ploy satin . I love this stuff it's soo easy to use , dries fast and feels so good . I use it on just about all unfinished wood these days . It dries faster then TO , less smell and I love the satin look & feel . Like TO I usually wax it afterwards now and then , smooooth..

Ah, I've been trying to find some of this minwas satin poly but it does not seem too common around here (France). From what I have read, it's a great choice for necks indeed!

What about your plans for the body, then ?  :icon_biggrin:

hmm that's odd pretty sure it's way more environmentally friendly then many other finishes . Can you get it from ebay ? Not sure about the body , it will be either a p bass if I can't find someone to build me a  G&L SC or mustang shape .

Ooooh! -I can't wait to see what it'll be! Always love your stuff, man!

-Any tips on masking a fretted 'board for finish work? I have only ever finished fretless necks, but I got a T-bass neck with ss 6105's on 'er ordered up. (-Don't worry, StübHead! I will still play my fretless' militantly!)  I know I can get it taped-off, but if there is a trick to doing it without taking half an afternoon, I'm all ears.

Day-mun said:
Ooooh! -I can't wait to see what it'll be! Always love your stuff, man!

-Any tips on masking a fretted 'board for finish work? I have only ever finished fretless necks, but I got a T-bass neck with ss 6105's on 'er ordered up. (-Don't worry, StübHead! I will still play my fretless' militantly!)  I know I can get it taped-off, but if there is a trick to doing it without taking half an afternoon, I'm all ears.

I use 3m 1/4" tape the line you want then masking tape over that (blue or green type)
http://www.nationaltoolwarehouse.com/Scotch-Plastic-Tape-471-Blue-14-x-36-yd-P35.aspx?gclid=CJbfpYWZ870CFZWSfgodAhsAhQ

that tape bends perfectly and stays down nicely until you want to pull it off . It's also the tape of choice for doing faux bindings

ordered the body a SSB P in Sugar Pine  :eek:ccasion14:  prolly gonna take a few weeks before we get to see it .

That birdseye maple neck is going to match the sugar pine perfectly  :icon_thumright:  as i've done that. 

Hope your's doesn't have big holes in it like mine does.  :laughing7:  :icon_jokercolor:
http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=22215.0

Updown said:
That birdseye maple neck is going to match the sugar pine perfectly  :icon_thumright:  as i've done that. 

Hope your's doesn't have big holes in it like mine does.  :laughing7:  :icon_jokercolor:
http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=22215.0

:icon_biggrin: as if it needed more weight relief

Back