32 in scale Black Korina/Canary G4

Gidge

Recently complete Black Korina medium scale G4 (4th Warmoth build)
Specs:
Body:  One piece black korina with Liberon finishing oil built to light gloss
Neck:  Raw canary with wenge fretboard
Electronics:  Bartolini 4.6 preamp with bypass option
Pickups:  Fralin vintage wound spit single J bass
Bridge:  Hipshot A style (Brass)
Knobs:  Wenge (from DKknobs.com - they are really amazing quality)
Tuners:  Schaller ultralight

I love this bass!  Sounds great and is the right size weight for my small frame and is amazingly balanced.  The Bartolini/Fralin combo is perfect for shaping just the right tone.  Overall, this is my favorite Warmoth project to date.....just need to find another reason to build another one.  :)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 1,322
  • photo_3.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 905
  • photo_2.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 814
Great looking bass.  What do you think about the smaller scale?  How does it feel compared to a 34"?  I was thinking of doing a short scale build but am trying to decide between a 32 or 30.

Most instrument shops, especially the Guitar Center types, will have Gibson/Epiphone EB basses and/or Gretsch basses which should all be 30" scale.  Pretty sure Fender recently did a run of either 30 or 32 scale Jaguar basses too.

Pelagaard said:
Most instrument shops, especially the Guitar Center types, will have Gibson/Epiphone EB basses and/or Gretsch basses which should all be 30" scale.  Pretty sure Fender recently did a run of either 30 or 32 scale Jaguar basses too.
There only medium-scale Fender solidbody I know of right now is the Pawnshop Reverse Jaguar; it's got a reverse headstock (hence the name) and two humbucking pickups. Access to the upper frets is limited, however, and it seemed heavy in weight when I tried it. It has a special bridge of some kind, too. It looks a bit like a "Fenderbird" hybrid.
Squier has a medium-scale Telecaster Special right now that a lot of people like.

Back