3 way blade switch neck / bridge split / bridge or rotary knob?

upnorthbacon

I have a CRL3 3-way switch I purchased on here a while ago.  My strat project is going to be a Dimarzio SDS-1 in the neck, no middle pickup, and humbucker in the bridge (Still deciding on which model).  I'm wiring a 500k volume knob in the standard volume position and in the first tone knob position will be a 250k volume knob for the single coil, no third knob.  I never use both pickups and actually rarely use the neck but didn't want a complete one trick pony.  I was wondering if it's possible to wire the three way so it's Neck /// humbucker split /// humbucker.  If not is there a two way rotary switch that would look like another tone knob?  I was thinking a rotary switch to split the humbucker would be cool because it would just look like a standard strat tone knob, I imagine a three or four way rotary knob would work just with the extra positions unused.  I don't like push pull pots and I don't want any toggles either and I was thowing these ideas around, any advice.

absolutely that is possible. i cant remember what conductor is the common right now, and explaining things gets too wordy. if noone else helps ya i'll try to get back to this.

The wiring is very straight forward.  DiMarzio's wire colour codes are :-

a)  Hot output from volume to 1st lug of 3-way blade switch.

b)  Single coil -  Black to 2nd lug of 3-way blade switch.
                        White to back of volume pot or any ground.

c)  Humbucker with 4-conductor wires -  White and Black joined together to third lug of 3-way blade switch.
                                                          Red to last lug of 3-way blade switch.
                                                          Green to back of volume pot or any ground.

Since you do not use two pickups together, the switch lever positions are :-

1.  Neck pickup only.
2.  Split humbucker to 1 coil only.
3.  Full humbucker with double coils in series.

Ok I thought I got it but just want clarify, can you tell me which color goes to which letter?  I couldn't find a diagram with the posts numbered?  Also I was hoping to wire just two volumes so which volume would go where?  Sorry for being confused :sad:

4491453712_b42977b546_o.jpg

Unwound G said:
Here you go.........

CORRECTION !!!

Please omit the jumper wire between Lug C and Lug F.  They are NOT supposed to be connected by a wire.

Sorry for the error  :icon_smile:

Back