24 Frets

S

snowblind56

I'd like to see true 24 fret necks.  The option is there, but you can't get the wizard profile on it.  I'd love to be able to make a carved top soloist with 24 frets with a reverse jackson headstock aand a wizard neck profile.

Where do you see that there are back contour restrictions on a 24 fret neck? I don't see that on the website and think I've seen a couple of builds with 24 fret Soloists with Wolfgang contours...

the only option i can remember the wizard profile necks not having is scalloping :icon_scratch:

I can't find it either.  I believe that I emailed Warmoth some time ago and asked.  I think they said it wasn't programmed and probably wasn't going to be.  I'm also not talking about the 24 frets with extension, I mean a true 24 fret neck.  It would be nice if they made a 24 fret jackson replacement neck.

Probably not going to happen, would throw scale length off all existing body CNC programming, and not that much demand.

I have seen 24 fret necks and bodies.  They have to be ordered together.  But as far as I know, they just don't offer it in the wizard contour.  As far as demand, if you don't offer it people won't ask for it.  Or if they don't see it they don't ask for it. 

OK, now I remember.  They offer true 24 fret necks in 24-3/4" scale, but not in Wizard profile.  25-1/2" scale is only 22 fret or with the extension.

Warmoth only offers "true" (by your definition) 21 fret necks. All 22/24 necks have an extension that extends past the butt of the neck's heel, regardless of scale length.

Gregg has that 7/8 black korina strat... doesn't that have 24 frets as you're talking about?

nathan a said:
Gregg has that 7/8 black korina strat... doesn't that have 24 frets as you're talking about?

Look at the pics of it; it has the fretboard "overhang" for frets 22-24

jackthehack said:
nathan a said:

Look at the pics of it; it has the fretboard "overhang" for frets 22-24

Whoops.  :doh:  So it does, so it does.

My Korina 7/8 Strat has a half inch overhang like a standard 25 1/2" scale. If you can live with that you can have a Wizard profile on it. If you need a body from Warmoth for that neck it has to be a flat top rather than a carved top because of our tooling. That neck will not fit any other brand body. The charge to short scale any flat top body to fit that neck is $50.

Back